If you are running out of your laptop battery and you do not have a charger available at the moment. Consider whether there’s a more efficient approach or an alternative way to charge your laptop and saves the day before the battery runs out.
Well! HDMI cable charging system is an alternative way to charge the laptop. HDMI cable is a time saver and is super handy.
Keep reading to find out how to charge the laptop with the help of an HDMI cable.
What Does HDMI Mean?
HDMI stands for High-definition multimedia interface. It is the updated form of traditional three-pin connections that are designed to transmit high-definition audio and video signals. This means you only need one cable to complete the entire setup.
HDMI has become the leading cable that can be used to charge the laptop. And it can connect various devices like laptops, projectors, televisions, and many other multimedia processing devices.
How to use HDMI cable to charge the laptop?
You can use HDMI cables to charge your laptop if your adapter is unable to work. It is a common substitute for adapter charging. However, it is important to notice that the laptop should support this feature of charging.
Here are some simple steps for charging a laptop with an HDMI cable when your charger is not available.
Well! There are some steps you need to follow that will help you out in urgent circumstances.
Step 1: Look over Your Laptop
- First, make sure that your laptop supports HDMI. Because nowadays laptops are getting thinner and sleeker so the number of ports is also reduced.
- Check both sides of your laptop and look over it carefully for an HDMI port.
- You will not be able to charge your laptop using the HDMI cable if you don’t have a port or an adaptor.
You can charge your laptop by using HDMI-supported cable TV. You just need to connect one end of the HDMI cable to the TV and connect another end to the laptop.
Step 2: Start off with your Connections
- Now take the HDMI cable and connect it to a TV that supports HDMI.
- You have to make sure that your connections are secure.
- You will also require a USB or any other port that connects the adapter to your HDMI cable and it is readily connected to your laptop.
Step 3: Wind up your Connection and Test
To check the connections, take the HDMI adaptor and connect it with your laptop and see if everything works out or not. You might need to make some adjustments to ensure proper connectivity.
You may become delighted if your laptop turns on or the charging symbol appears which means it is ready to work.
Also, check that your TV is working and the networks are well established.
In urgent circumstances, you might require other means of keeping your laptop charged. And HDMI is a good choice for that.
It is the best way for connecting and ensuring the highest quality of the video and audio. Don’t make a habit of using it as it may weaken your laptop’s battery.