You have recently purchased a canon printer and now you are all confused and overwhelmed about the settings and how to connect it with your Wi-Fi and to your computer.
If yes then worry not because you have come to the right place and in this article, I will tell you everything that you need to know about connecting the canon printer to the Wi-Fi and to the computer.
And I have also added a special guide on how to connect your Canon printer to your phone. So worry not because I have got you covered.
How to connect the Canon printer to Wi-Fi?
It is not at all complicated and I have added the steps below for you to follow to make the entire process easy and a lot less complicated.
- Switch on your printer.
- Now tap on the setting button and then tap on the arrow this will take you to device settings and tap
- Now tap on the arrow settings again will take you to the LAN Then tap ok.
- Click on the arrow button again in order to go to the wireless LAN settings.
- Then tap the setting.
The above-mentioned steps will initiate your printer to search for the Wi-Fi network.
- If you think that the searching process is way too much, then you can initiate a stop. Which will take it to wireless LAN setup, standard setup. Tap
- Again click on the arrow button until you can see your Wi-Fi network on the list, then tap
- Now enter your Wi-Fi password in order to connect it to the Wi-Fi. And tap
- When your screen says connected, tap on ok
How to connect my Canon Printer to the computer?
Once you have successfully connected your Canon printer to the Wi-Fi, you are now required to connect it to the computer for it to work.
Here’s how you can do it.
- On the keyboard tap on the windows key and the key R
- Now copy and paste the control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters in the search box and click
- Tap on adding a printer and simply follow all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- This will be successfully done.
Now let’s take a look at how to connect your Canon printer to your phone.
How to connect my Canon printer to my phone?
A lot of times we prefer to print images directly with our phone, instead of transferring it to your computer first.
Well, worry not because it allows you to connect your phone to the printer in order to directly print images from there.
- Download the canon app on your phone.
- Initiate a peer-to-peer connection between your phone and your printer.
That’s it, you have now successfully connected your phone with your printer.