Roku TV is a good device for streaming shows and movies in your free time. And it also has a wide variety of apps to choose from as well.
But unfortunately, you do not have a remote and you want to connect your Roku TV to the internet and you are confused about how to do that. And let’s say you have also lost your Wi-Fi. So what will you do in that situation?
Well, worry not because next, I am going to tell you how to connect your Roku TV to the Wi-Fi without any internet connection. So keep on reading.
Connect Roku TV To Wi-Fi Without Remote
- First and foremost, download the Roku app on your mobile device to operate your Roku TV without your remote.
- Once you have downloaded your Roku app, connect it to the same Wi-Fi as your Roku TV and now follow the following instructions.
- Open your Roku app on your phone and from the bottom of the screen, you will find a drop-down menu from that menu, select your Roku TV.
- Once you have chosen your Roku device, hit the remote icon on the Roku app.
- Now you can easily operate your Roku TV with the help of your remote from the Roku app.
Now let’s take a look at how to use your Roku TV without any access to the Wi-Fi.
METHOD NO.1: Use your Mobile Hotspot
You do not have Wi-Fi to use your Roku TV? Worry not because you can always connect your Roku TV to the internet with the help of your mobile hotspot.
So get a sufficient data package and use your mobile internet to stream shows and movies on your Roku TV.
Following are the steps for using a mobile hotspot for Roku TV.
- First, turn on the hotspot setting on your mobile phone.
- Now click on the home key on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to the settings and networks from there.
- Now choose set up the connection and then select
- You will see the list of access points. Find your phone in it and connect to it.
- Simply enter your hotspot password and then connect.
This is it. You have successfully connected your Roku TV to the internet. Enjoy streaming.
METHOD NO.2: Download videos on your phone and cast them on TV with the help of Mirroring
You can always download content on your phone and then mirror it to your TV to show them on the big screen.
Follow the steps below to learn how to do that.
- Once you have downloaded the content you would like to watch on your TV. Enable the screen mirroring on your Roku TV to your smartphone.
- Once the screen mirroring is done, go to the video you have downloaded and run it.
- Your Roku TV will mirror the downloaded video on the screen.