Downloading images from Google Docs can be frustrating because there is no easy way to do that.
You cannot just right-click and save it just like that. But it does not mean that you can save images from Google Docs at all. Google Docs to save images are very pretty easy.
There are certain ways through which you can download and extract images from your Google Docs.
And do not worry these ways are pretty easy and not so complicated and can be done with a few simple steps as well.
And if you are looking for ways to extract images from your Google Docs then you have come to the right place.
In this article, I have mentioned several ways how to save images from Google Docs with only a few simple steps.
And these methods are compatible with either iPhone, Android, or your computer.
- 1 Google Docs to Save Images
- 1.1 Method no.1: How to save images from Google Docs through iPhone
- 1.2 Method no.2: Save images from Google Docs through android
- 1.3 Method no.3: Save the image from Google Docs through Google keep
- 1.4 Method no.4: Save the image from Google Docs through Microsoft word
- 1.5 Method no.5: Try to publish to the web option
- 1.6 Method no.6: Take the images out with the help of a web page file
- 1.7 Method no.7: Use third-party add-ons to extract images from your Google Docs
- 2 Conclusion
Google Docs to Save Images
So you do not even have to worry about the kind of device present with you at the moment. Because whatever device you have, I have a method for that as well.
So simply read through the article and learn several ways how to download images from your Google Docs.
Method no.1: How to save images from Google Docs through iPhone
In order to save images from Google Docs with the help of your iPhone, all you are required with is a Google Docs app and your notes app, that’s it.
Steps to use
- Open the Google Doc on your Docs app on your iPhone.
- Long press on the image you wish to save until several options appear.
- Now go to your notes app on your iPhone and open a new note.
- Paste the copied image there.
- Now tap on the image and several options will appear.
- Now tap on the share option and then click on save the image this will save the image on your iPhone.
Method no.2: Save images from Google Docs through android
If you have an android phone and you do not have an access to a computer right now then the following way is how you can download images from your Google Docs.
Simply follow the steps they are pretty easy.
Step to use
- Go to your Google Docs Android app and open your desired Document.
- Now tap on the menu and click on send a copy.
- Now click on the web page and then choose HTML format.
- Now choose Drive in order to transfer the copy to your Google drive.
- Name the file, select the desired location and click.
- Once the file is saved successfully on your Drive.
- Click on the menu and choose.
- Now open your file in any files app and extract the images out of it. This is it, you have successfully saved all the images from your Google Docs.
Method no.3: Save the image from Google Docs through Google keep
Did you know that now you can download images from your Google Docs with the help of your Google keep? Google Keep is an extension of Google which gives you the option to sync your notes across different Google platforms.
It can be used through your web browser and through apps as well.
The following are the steps to download images from Google Docs with the help of Google keep.
Steps to use
- Open your desired Document on Google Docs and right-click on the image you would like to save.
- From the drop-down menu tap on saving to keep.
- Now on the sidebar, you will see your image, right-click on it again and select save image.
- Now name the file and save it.
Method no.4: Save the image from Google Docs through Microsoft word
You can also extract images from your Google Docs by saving them on your computer in Microsoft word format. And after that, you can individually download all the images from your Document.
The following steps are the way to do that.
Steps to use
- Open your Google Document and from the toolbar tap on
- Now from the drop-down menu select
- Download the file as Microsoft word.
- Now open the Document on Microsoft word and right-click on every image you would like to save.
- Now select a name and desired location to save the file and save it.
This will save your images from Google Docs with the help of Microsoft word on your computer.
Method no.5: Try to publish to the web option
In this method basically, you will be first publishing your Google Document as a webpage and then saving the images from that webpage easily.
Follow the steps below to learn how to do that.
Steps to use
- Open your desired Document and tap on the file from the toolbar.
- Now select publish to web
- Click on the publish button and select
- Now copy the URL and paste it into a new tab.
- Right-click on the image you want to save and tap on save image as
- Name the file and select the location you want your file to be saved.
Method no.6: Take the images out with the help of a web page file
If you want to download all the images from Google Docs in one go then this can be done with the help of saving the file as an HTML webpage. Because when you save a file as an HTML webpage then it will turn the file into a zip folder and in it, you will find two separate folders.
One contains all the texts, whereas the other one contains all the images.
And this is how you can easily download all the images from your Google Docs all at once without the hassle of downloading them separately.
If you want to learn how to do that then simply follow the steps given below to complete the task.
Steps to use HTML Webpage
- Go to your Google Docs and click on the file from the toolbar.
- Then from the drop-down menu choose to download and the format for the file should be a web page.
- Now save the file in your desired location and the file will be in zip format.
- Once the file is saved, go to that location and unzip the zip folder.
- Now you will find two folders, so click on the one named images because it contains all the images from your Google Docs.
- The order and the names of the images will be in disarray so arrange them in however order you like.
Method no.7: Use third-party add-ons to extract images from your Google Docs
There are several third-party add-ons available online that help in extracting images from your Google Docs. Image extractor and remover is also one of the add on which helps in extracting images from your Google Docs.
Though it does the work pretty efficiently some might be reluctant in granting permissions that the app requires like granting access to your Google Drive, or to your personal information available on your Google account.
And it also asks for permission to view, edit or delete your files on Google drive which some people might not be comfortable with giving away. So it cannot be everyone’s cup of tea.
But if you are willing to try this method out as well then I will list down the steps with which you use a third-party add-on to extract images from your Google Docs.
Step to use Image extractor and remover
- From the toolbar, you can see the option of add-ons. Click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, select get add-ons from it.
- Now a search bar will appear, type image extractor on it. And select the image extractor and remover.
- Now choose the select image extractor and remover.
- Now install it to add it to your Google Docs.
- Once it is installed, you can easily download the images from your Google Docs with the help of this image extractor.
If you have made it to the end of the article then I am sure you have read through these methods. You see how easy and quick these methods are, it would barely take a few minutes to get the images out of your Google Docs. So try the one that seems the easiest to you.
I hope my article was helpful to you.