Hello friends, today post I am going to help you with an exact way to make a Flipbook. 200+ Flipbook animation ideas as well.
Making a Flipbook may sound difficult but is actually really fun and easy if you follow the correct guidelines. How many pages do you need for a Flipbook? You can use as many pages of your Flipbook as you need, but for beginners, it’s best to start from 25 to 50 pages.
Use paper that can be flipped easily like a post-it pad, printer paper, or notebook paper.
The first thing you should do is to gather all the supplies needed for making a Flipbook.
How to Make a Flipbook?
- 1 post-it pad, printer paper, card sheet, or stack of sticky notes.
- Sketch pencils Hb or 2b.
- Black pointer.
- Color pencils, markers, or any other medium.
- Binding clips.
- Rubber bands.
- Select which paper you are going to use for your Flipbook. We are going to use a post-it pad.
- As the post is already glued at its end.
- We are just going to clip on a binding clip or rubber band at its end just to make it extra secure.
- For beginners, it’s best to use a pencil first to draw so that if you make any kind of mistake it’s easily erasable.
- Make sure to number all the pages of your Flipbook.
- So that you don’t mix up the sequence of your illustrations.
- Draw the first image on the first page of your Flipbook.
- If you are an amateur make sure to keep your drawing simple.
For example, you can draw a flying bird or a bouncing ball, or a running stick figure. Keep your drawings close to the right side edge of your paper.
- If you have selected the image of a bird flying, the first picture you draw can show the bird sitting still, while the next image can show the bird lifting its wings in preparation for flight.
Making slight changes
- Now just start making slight changes to your drawing on each page.
- The more alterations you add to your drawing the more detailed and animated it will look when you’ll flip it.
- Go over all of your drawings to make sure you are satisfied with them.
- If you have used printer paper or another kind of paper stack them all together, which will be easier and less confusing if you have numbered them.
If you are satisfied with your drawings, just trace them with a black pointer or any colored marker to make them stand out.
You can also color them with whatever medium you want to make your Flipbook look more flashier and outstanding.
The last step is to bind your Flipbook, you can take out your binding clip and instead use glue, a stapler, or any kind of tape at the left side edge of your book to make it more secure.
How much does Flipbook cost?
The cost of a Flipbook is 10$ to 20$. You can purchase it at this price. There are few official websites where you can purchase a Flipbook.
I would like to mention one of them that is, Gumroad.