The DLL files are an essential part of Windows OS and it plays an important role in the proper functioning of the app and also the system. It is important to fix Msvcp100.dll Missing Errors or not found as soon as possible.
Msvcp100.dll was developed by Microsoft and it helps run Visual C++ based games and applications. These files are a vital component of Microsoft Visual C++ and are quite popular amongst Windows developers.
If the MSVCP100.dll file is missing from the pc, a function or a program will not be able to run and the software will stop working. Therefore, displaying an error i.e. MSVCP100.dll is missing.
These errors might indicate malware infection, so it is necessary to check the computer with anti-virus software.
You receive different messages when the error occurs such as:
- This application did not start because MSVCP100.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the matter.
- The program can’t start because MSVCP100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to mend the problem.
What is Msvcp100.dll?
Msvcp100.dll a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file is the shared library in Microsoft Windows that ensures that the windows program operates properly.
These files contain instructions required by programs to perform certain functions.
It usually contains a group of procedures that can be applied by Windows.
What does Msvcp100.dll missing error mean?
Msvcp100.dll error crops up when the Msvcp100 DLL file is deleted or it may occur due to corruption within the installed Microsoft Visual C++ files. Multiple reasons may cause errors.
For instance, a malware infection, faulty applications, windows registry issues, or outdated device drivers trigger these errors.
Other common msvcp100.dll errors are:
- “msvcp100.dll is missing”.
- “msvcp100.dll was not found”.
- “msvcp100.dll error loading”.
- “msvcp100.dll Access Violation”.
- “msvcp100.dll crash”.
- “msvcp100.dll couldn’t be located”.
- Cannot find [PATH]\msvcp100.dll.
You may fix these errors by re-introducing or reinstalling the application, starting or shutting down the system, or trying to open or install a program/software.
Why does the MSVCP100.DLL Error Occur?
There are multiple reasons behind this error. The most common ones are as follows:
- Corruption in the ‘MSVCP100 DLL’ file.
- Accidental deletion.
- Missing or corrupt files
- Outdated version of the file.
- A problematic third-party antivirus program.
- Problematic Windows updates.
How to Fix Msvcp100.dll Missing Errors Or not found?
This error is often resolved in an exceeding number of ways.
Method 1: Download the Msvcp100.dll file and install it manually
- Open the DLL website.
- Navigate to the third column labeled Manual Fix.
- Scroll down the page and tap on download Zip-File.
- Select your specific version and download the zip file.
- After this, install the extract the files using file extractor tools.
- Next, copy the dll.
- Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32 directory and paste the file you copied.
- Now restart your computer.
Method 2: Fix Msvcp100.dll automatically using the error fixing tool
If you deleted the Msvcp100.dll file unintentionally, the applications will crash. You can fix Msvcp100.dll automatically using the error fixing tool. It repairs the corrupted or deleted files in Windows folders.
Install it, run it, and therefore the program will automatically solve your Msvcp100.dll problems.
- To get an automatic tool tap on the “Download App”.
- then install the utility by following installation instructions.
- Launch the program to fix your msvcp100.dll errors.
Method 3: Install or reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
The error occurs if the Visual C++ redistributable package is not being installed properly. For this, you first have to remove the outdated version from your computer and then reinstall the Visual C++ redistributable package on your pc. For this method follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key then select the control panel and tap on uninstall.
- Also, check the version of Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall the outdated version from your pc.
- Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable one by one and repeat the process.
- Now download the Microsoft Visual C++ redistribution from the official Microsoft website and run it.
- After downloading the file, run it and install it on your computer.
- Then restart your computer.
Method 4: Reinstall the Program
If the Msvcp100.dll file is missing from your pc and the program starts to fail then you should reinstall the program so the problem could be resolved.
Method 5: Scan for viruses and malware
A built in window tool called System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions and restore them.
This tool helps to fix all the corrupted files. The errors that are linked with the systems files are a sign of malware behavior so first, scan for viruses and malware to eliminate the file.
Follow the given steps to run the SFC scan:
- Type cmd in the search box which opens the Command Prompt.
- If notified to enter your password or confirmation request, click Yesto continue or type the password.
- Next, type SFC scan now and hit Enter in the elevated cmd window.
- Wait and let the process end.
- When it is completed, read the messages you receive and follow the instructions to proceed.
- Finally, close the window and restart your computer to determine if there is any issue or not.
Method 6: Use a registry cleaner
To clean the unnecessary files and fix registry problems, a registry cleaner is used.
- Download the application to your Windows operating system.
- Now, install the program and run it.
- The utility will clean automatically and the problem could be solved.
If you want to recover the deleted Msvcp.dll file then you can use data recovery software to restore deleted DLL files.
The software retrieves data in case of drive formatting, corruption, accidental deletion, or malware attack.