LinkedIn is an online social network website that connects professionals worldwide and helps in career development.
A LinkedIn profile showcases your professional experience, skills, and interests to your connections, and current and potential employers.
You can also use LinkedIn to add a job promotion and enhance your professional reputation. Job promotion may include celebrating the success of your new job status or getting a raise or working on new projects.
You can even select to publish or share it with your network and give a signal of being a good candidate to potential employers.
How to add promotion on LinkedIn?
- Open LinkedIn.com and sign in to your account.
- Go to the “Me” icon on the, which you can see on the top-right corner of the screen, after clicking on it, a popup window open.
- Go to “view profile”.
- Move your cursor to edit the job status you want to change and click on the pencil icon.
- There is also a plus sign above it, to add a new position to your profile.
- After adding your new job designation and other details that you have changed.
- Tick the options of “Update my industry” and “Update my headline” boxes to reflect your promotion.
- Now, if you wish to share with your connections and notify them, remember to toggle on the “share with network” option.
- Then select “Save”.
Add using a mobile app
Method to add a promotion on LinkedIn through a mobile app:
The method is the same for both Android phones and iPhone devices.
- Go to your LinkedIn account and sign in.
- Tap your profile photo and select the option of view profile.
- Scroll the menu and go to the experience section and tap the pencil icon.
- Edit the job status by tapping on the pencil icon.
- Update and share with the network by toggling.
- Tap Save.
Effectively updating job promotions on your LinkedIn Profile page can ultimately clear to hiring managers how you grow upward within a company and not let them misunderstand and misinterpret your progressive career.
Most essentially, it will show recruiters how you take your additional responsibilities and were acknowledged by your managers for your achievements.
In essence, your LinkedIn profile will speak your performance to a future employer and inspire them to contact you for an opportunity.
LinkedIn can be used as a content promotion strategy LinkedIn is not a huge platform as Facebook but it plays an essential role in B2B content marketing.
There are 6 best ways to promote content on LinkedIn:
Post Every day
The one thing through which you can promote your content is to post your status update every day.
- Remember to publish as early in the morning, including pictures and videos.
- You can use a tool such as Buffer or Hootsuite to queue up more update at one once.
Read more: Can Someone See If You Searched them on LinkedIn?
Build your followings
After building up status updates with the best practices, now you need a lot of connections to see your status. You can use Twitter for this purpose, by sending custom invites.
Use LinkedIn groups
These are content promotion candy stores but use this tool carefully.
Before posting content you need to read the rules of the group, don’t frequent posts, don’t use blog syndication software, and don’t irritate group members.
Use Pulse post
These posts can get huge exposure, just use eight images, don’t add multimedia assets, and write long content with 7 to 9 headings.
Add content to the publication section
In your LinkedIn profile, you have a whole section for publication, add content in this with added hyperlinks, videos, and images.
Pay to promote your content
You can also buy sponsored updates advertising to promote your content.
Read more: How to Find my LinkedIn URL?
Starting a new position or promotion on LinkedIn?
Linkedin, as we all know, is a good platform that allows you to network with people who share the same interests as yours. Not only that, but it also allows you to present your job profiles.
- Click the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage then click “View profile”
- Now, click the “edit” icon.
- Then a pop-up window will appear where, under the “current position” field, you can add your position in the “add new position” field
- Check the box next to “I am currently working in this role”. Click Save.
You can choose to display either of your current positions in case you have multiple.
NOTE: Currently this feature is not available on the LinkedIn mobile app therefore you will have to use the desktop site.
How to notify the LinkedIn network of promotion?
The easiest way to notify your LinkedIn network about a new position, such as a promotion in a new company or an existing one, is:
- When adding a new position to your LinkedIn profile, you will find an option called “Share with network” at the bottom of the popup window.
- This allows you to notify your network about your new position as soon as you update it.
Another method is described below:
- Open your LinkedIn account and go to your profile section.
- Edit your experience.
- Add your current organization.
- Now, make this public and post it on your profile.
This will notify members in your network. Other than that, you can always send personal messages to them. In conclusion, your network will be notified about pretty much everything you do on LinkedIn. Thankfully, this can be controlled by a simple change to your settings
What is the best time to update the promotion on LinkedIn?
Since LinkedIn is a business networking site rather than a general social networking site, there are certain times when you can get the most views and engagements in the content you post. Let us take a look at what the best time to post a promotion on LinkedIn is.
- Tuesday to Thursday is the time when most LinkedIn users and companies are active
The following conclusions were drawn:
- Most clicks and shares: Tuesdays, 11 AM-12 PM.
- The worst time for LinkedIn: Sleeping hours (10 PM-6 AM) immediately before Monday and after Friday night.
- Best Times to post 7-8 AM; 5-6 PM.
- The peak time of use during an average day: 12 PM; 5-6 PM.
Not only that but according to Foundation, there are over 63 million unique mobile users on LinkedIn every single month.