Last Updated on December 20, 2020 by admin
Losing your phone is a stressful experience. Take a deep breath and use Android’s built-in tools to track your phone. Find a Stolen or Lost Android Phone.
It happens in the blink of an eye. You put your phone on the cash register counter or you feel a little bump as soon as you get off the subway, later you will know that your phone is gone.
No matter how you lose it, whether it’s a theft or a simple mistake, losing your phone is a stressful experience.
Not only is your access to the rest of the world cut off, but your phone is your most personal device. And replacing it is a costly affair.
Don’t worry if you lose your phone! Every Android phone has tools that make it easy to lock and track a lost phone. But first, you need to take some steps to succeed if your phone is lost or not – even if you just left it at home.
How To Create a secure lock screen?
- Make yourself a right and turn on passcode and fingerprint authentication. Do yourself a favor and don’t use facial recognition on your Android device.
- On most Android devices, the technology used to identify faces can easily be deceived by something as simple as a picture of your face. Google’s Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL are exceptions here, as they use a more reliable system similar to Apple’s Face ID.
- Next, create your passcode and verify the fingerprint in the Settings app under the Security section.
- I realize that scanning a fingerprint every time you want to use your phone or inserting code to someone can be painful, but someone has your photos, banking apps, email and the rest of your personal The idea of accessing information is terrifying.
An extra step to unlock your phone is worth considering when you consider the potential effects of exposing your personal information to a stranger.
Find My Google Tool
Find My Device is the same thing you would use when your phone gets lost in tracking, locking, and deleting from a distance.
- You can check to make sure Find My Device is empowered by opening the Settings application and going to Security & Location > Find My Device >.
The device should turn on. If not, slide the change to the on position.
Finding my Samsung mobile
Not only does it provide you with a backup service that you can use to track a lost phone, but it also provides you with tools that don’t find my device.
- With Samsung’s service, you can do things like forcing remote backups or see if someone has changed your SIM card. You must have a Samsung account to use My Mobile Search.
- On your Samsung phone, open the Settings app and find Biometrics and Security > My Mobile. If you sign in to your Samsung account during the initial device setup, Find My Mobile should already be enabled.
Lock and track a lost phone remotely
Use Find My Device
To use Android’s Baked In service you need to remember one thing: android.com/find. Make sure you’re signed in to the same Google Account associated with your Android phone.
Not near a computer? You can use another Android device and the Find My Device app, which you have to download separately from the Play Store.
A warning will be sent to your phone to let anyone know that it is being tracked. Use the menu on the left side of the My Fine My Device site to play a sound (helpful if you put it in the wrong place in your home!), Lock up your device or wipe the device completely.
Selecting a secure device will lock the phone, display a message of your choice on the lock screen, and sign out of your Google Account.
Don’t worry, you can still find it after the phone is locked. If you use Google Pay for mobile payments, locking your phone will prevent anyone from using your phone in purchases.
If you use the Aries device feature, you will no longer be able to track the phone. Save this feature as a last resort.
If the thief turns off your phone, you will not be able to track it until it is turned on and there is a cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Google will send you an email once it detects your device.
Once you’ve found your phone, you’ll need to enter your PIN or passcode to access it. This should also get rid of the lock screen message. You may also need to log in to your Google Account just to confirm that you are accessing the phone.
Visit more: AmazeInvent
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy have the advantage of using Google or Samsung’s related services to search for a lost device, but I suggest using Samsung’s offer. As you can see below, the extra capabilities are invaluable.
- To track a lost device with the Samsung service, you need to visit here.
- Sign in with your Samsung account, at that point select your lost device on the left half of the screen. A map will show where your phone is currently located, and a menu of options will appear on the right side of the screen.