If Amazon detects suspicious activity in your account, you have the right to block it and you can fix your Amazon account on hold.
This has happened many times before. Doing this for you is frustrating. Therefore, in this article, we will look at some of the best methods you can use to recover your account.
How to Fix my Amazon Account on Hold?
These methods are known to work, so don’t be afraid to dive into them right away.
The most common explanation for suspending your account is that your billing information does not match the information displayed in the card issuer’s file.
Upload documents directly
- Open your email account and log in.
- Here you will find the latest confirmation email for your order.
- Click the link to access your account.
- Apart from your order details, the link should contain most of the information.
- Please open the product page and purchase.
- This page should contain the error message “Amazon account blocked and order pending”.
To add a document, click the Add Document button. Then upload all the required documents.
- If you are from the United States, use the following phone numbers: 1 (206) 266-2992 1 (206) 266-2992 1 (206) 266-2992
- As soon as you arrive at your answering machine, select option 2 for your prime member.
- Request a supervisor.
- You may need to provide identity verification here.
- Please explain the problem if you accidentally block your account.
- Ask to confirm your account. Hopefully, this will solve your problem.
Email via Amazon Help
- Go to Amazon.com and sign in.
- Start by filling out the application form.
- Select the Need help option.
- Then select Other Login Issues.
- Under Unable to log in to account, select Account and login issues.
- Then write an email to Amazon to tell them about the problem you’re having with your account.
- Also, please request a review. Hopefully, it will work.
You can email Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s CEO, at Jeff. When you send an email, you must include information that identifies your account, such as your Amazon account name and email address.
Some resellers or senders close their accounts daily. However, Amazon usually recovers your account after your billing information is confirmed. Get the best Amazon gift cards free of cost.
You didn’t do anything wrong, and you’re not on the bad side of Amazon when you’re on standby.
In such cases, we recommend that you send a fun email asking why your account was suspended and ensure that we are happy to help if there is anything we can do to speed up the process.
- Please note that HOLD only means that your account has been flagged by Amazon for security reasons, perhaps due to unauthorized access, multiple accounts, or unverified account information.
- If any of these points change at once, Amazon will put your account on hold.
- All you need to do to regain and “regain” your account is to contact your customer service department, ask why your account was suspended, visit our website (Amazon) and browse to the bottom of your account only.
- The page has all the contact numbers and information you need.
- We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.
- The longer you leave, the longer it will take to resolve.
Also, don’t link your new email address to your Facebook account as it looks like Amazon has mapped Facebook’s social graph. Most of the time Amazon allows employees a discount token.
If they ban it (and I know who banned it), it’s probably easier to send a Bezos email so they don’t ban it. Why most people are looking for Amazon movie downloads? This issue is on.
How long will my Amazon account be on hold?
Amazon usually holds an account for up to two weeks while they investigate the purchase. After that, they will make a decision about whether or not to keep the account open.
If you were charged for an unauthorized purchase, Amazon will refund your money and cancel the order. They may also close your account if there are multiple unauthorized purchases. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to contact Amazon customer service.
What to do if your Amazon account is on hold?
If your Amazon account is on hold, there are a few things you can do:
- Check to make sure you’ve entered the correct mailing address. Sometimes small errors, like a missing letter or number, can cause your account to be placed on hold.
Contact Amazon customer service and provide them with your account information. They may be able to help clear up any issues causing your account to be placed on hold.
If you’ve been trying to order a large number of items, Amazon may place your account on hold as a fraud prevention measure. In this case, you’ll need to contact Amazon customer service and provide proof of purchase for the items you’re trying to order.
Why did Amazon put my account on hold?
It’s likely that your account was put on hold because you made a purchase with an invalid credit card. When Amazon detect a fraudulent purchase, they put the account on hold while they investigate the charge.
If you believe that the charge was not made by you, then you can contact Amazon and provide them with more information about the purchase. They will then be able to help you resolve the issue.
How to delete an Amazon account that is on hold?
There are a few ways to go about deleting an Amazon account that’s on hold. First, try contacting Amazon customer service and asking them to delete the account for you. If that doesn’t work, or if you’d rather take care of things yourself, you can also try deleting your account through the Amazon website.
- Go to Amazon and sign in to your account.
- Click on the “Your Account” link at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the “Settings” section and click on “Manage Your Content and Devices”.
- Under “Your Devices,” find the device that you want to delete and click on “Delete.”