I don’t know if this will help your stick drift case, but it gave me time to get the inevitable trash. Here you will know how to fix Xbox One Controller drift.
You need some quint and alcohol.
How to Fix Xbox One Controller Drift
Pull up and hold both analogs. They must be left alone. Then saturate the exchange with alcohol. Rub an alcohol swab around the base of the stick and twist it for maximum coverage.
- Alcohol (pure) evaporates very quickly, so you don’t have to worry about wetting the base a little and frying the sauce.
- It also leaves a minimal amount of residue during the process.
- When the sticks are back in the controller, pull them up and use your eyes at an upward angle to see if the sticks are in the center.
- If analog is “on”, power on the system. Check the result.
In addition, many shooters include a “dead zone slider” to address this issue. The poorer the club moves, the higher the dead zone needs to be.
Before considering how to disassemble your Xbox One controller, try these simple steps to fix your joystick drift.
Reset the Xbox one controller
- It’s more like a recharge than a hard recharge, but it can still solve your problem.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller for 5-10 seconds until it turns off. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn it back on.
Read more: How To Download Xbox App for Mac?
Clean your Xbox one controller
- First, unswitch and press the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds to turn it off.
- Then apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball or soft cloth and wipe off the analog sticks, especially the base.
- Move the stick while cleaning it to cover more surface area. Repeat this process for other analog sticks.
- Wait for the alcohol to dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
To clean your Xbox controller with compressed air:
- When the controller is off, push the analog stick as much as possible in one direction, then spray compressed air onto the bottom of the opposite rod.
- Slowly rotate the stick while blowing air on the base.
- While spraying, gently pull up on the analog stick or push it sideways. This helps create space for air ingress.
- Repeat this process with another analog stick.
It helps keep the controller clean and prolongs its life even when the controller is working properly.
If you’ve tried all of these options and the problem persists, you may need expert assistance to fix your Xbox One.
Take it to the nearest uBreaki Fix in the Asurion store for a free diagnostic.
Important tip: Always keep the can level when spraying the joystick. The joystick rotates sideways, which can send moisture to the controller and cause further damage.
Compressed air helps remove debris that causes the Xbox One controller to drift. 9 Best Xbox One Emulators For PC