Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by William John
Snapchat is a growing social media platform. It is known among people of all ages worldwide.
Snapchat allows you to share snaps with your Snapchat friends in the form of videos or photos.
You can also post your pictures on your Snapchat news and let your friends see you.
Some people do not like to share everything they do with the entire list of friends on Snapchat, and the platform offers the option to create a new secret or a personal story.
Snapchat is a popular social networking site where conversations disappear when you look at them. We often have different social groups on other platforms.
Here’s how to create a new secret newsgroup on your Snapchat account.
- Storytelling is one of the fastest ways to post the highlights of your day or event.
- And it’s one of the quickest ways for people to find what you’re doing without going through all the albums with hundreds of photos.
But if you are an outgoing person, you will eventually add Snapchat friends you are not directly close to them. You can add people you have never met.
It means that if you want to share some personal stories, it would be great to have the option to choose who you will see. Fortunately, this is not a problem for Snapchat.
Understanding Snapchat Privacy
- Snapchat allows you to use “My Story” and “Our Story.” Each element is designed for a specific purpose.
- While everyone should know what “My Story” stands for, there are probably a few users who haven’t tried “Out Story” yet.
They have introduced this feature to allow Snapchatter to contribute to the group.
- Snapchat designed the app to be used for events, discuss various topics, take good places or visit, and so on.
These types of issues will last 24 hours before they are automatically removed, and all are customized.
However, depending on who gets access to watch the news, you can categorize them by the following titles:
- Contrary to other types of news on Snapchat, Private News lets you select the people you want to view your content.
- You can make your account private.
- It depends on your privacy settings.
- That does not mean that you will have to share your Story with everyone you are friends with on Snapchat.
Creating a Secret Story is very easy. Just follow these steps:
- Firstly, Open the Snapchat.
- Click in the top left corner of your profile icon.
- Find the ‘News’ title and tap ‘Private Story.’
- Choose people who will be able to access your Story.
- Keep recording as you would another Snapchat Story and post it.
Read more: How to Get an App Appearance on Snapchat?
Although the Snapchat in-app interface may be challenging to get used to, sending private messages is relatively easy.
- Selecting “Everyone” is not the way to go if you want privacy in the content you post about it.
- Choosing “Only Friends” will make the story private to anyone outside your contact list.
- It includes friends of friends and people within your geofence.
The “Custom” option will let you choose which friends you want to see your story with privacy.
- Whether you choose one or two close friends, a selected group, or even yourself, it is entirely up to you.
Can I see who can watch the secret story?
No. If someone submits a Private Story and adds other users, you will not see who can see your story. Unless another user adds to your account, no one will know who else has the viewing rights.
Read more: How to See All Snapchats You’ve Received?
No notifications are sent when you allow someone to view your private information – for them, and it will look just like other stories.
So you can’t use this feature as a marketing tool unless you let people know that they are the only ones who have access to your content.
If you want to use it that way, announce that you will be posting a particular article, and only a select few to get access to it.
Private or not, all news on Snapchat is 24 hours long. Even group stories created for events or trips last only one day.
So don’t forget to mention the save option when you make a new private story, as it will keep you from losing your summaries.
Read more: How to Log Into Someone’s Snapchat?