I began experimenting with various methods for changing my PSN region since I was wary of missing out on games that were not yet available in my zone.
Furthermore, if you use your PlayStation to watch content from Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Prime Video, you’ll understand how frustrating it is when particular series isn’t available in your country.
To begin with, the bad news is that you won’t be able to simply change the region of your existing PSN account to have access to region-locked content.
The good news is that I discovered a few simple workarounds that will allow you to play any game you want from anywhere while also allowing you to simply stream worldwide content to your PlayStation.
To get around geoblocks, all you’ll need is a VPN. ExpressVPN is what I use with my PS4 because it has a large network of servers (making it easy to go around blocks) and really fast speeds for lag-free gaming and streaming.
ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test it out risk-free. You have 30 days to get a complete refund if you don’t think it’s right for you.
This method allows you to access the PlayStation Store from whatever nation you choose during the enrollment process.
Change Region on PS4 and PS5
You can play new games before they’re officially launched in your area, as well as apps and games that are only available in specific countries.
How to do:
- Select “New User” from the PlayStation menu, then “Create a User.”
- Accept the terms of the User Agreement.
- Simply scroll down beyond this notification to join into PSN.
- Choose “Are you new to PlayStation Network?” from the drop-down menu. “Register for an account.”
- Make a new region selection.
- Make sure the PlayStation Store version you want to use is in the correct region.
- If you wish to download a game that is only available in Japan, select Japan (and have Google Translate ready).
- After selecting your preferred language and providing your date of birth, click “Next.”
- Fill in the details about your location.
- I used Google to find out the address of a hotel in New York, and then I typed in the zip code (10001).
- The city and state/province will show automatically. The option “Next”
- Simply insert both your email address and password. Click “Next” after entering a new email address that isn’t currently associated with a PSN account.
- Create your personal profile. Design an online ID, choose your privacy and connection options, and create an avatar.
- On the Terms of Service and User Agreement screen, click “Accept.”
- Start by going to the PlayStation Store.
- Your new account is ready to use!
- Check out after entering your payment information.
- A digital copy of your gift card will to you through email.
- Open the PlayStation Store app after logging in to your PlayStation with the PSN account you just made.