I have been trying to change the display name on Roblox but after so many fails I changed the display name successfully.
Roblox has been around for some time-he turns 15 in September. Also, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the platform has experienced a boom in recent years, with many adults confirming old accounts.
How to Change the Display Name on Roblox
Unfortunately, what a child thinks is a cool username is very different from what an adult thinks is a cool username.
Many returning Robroxians are stuck with a rather ridiculous username from their past self.
It was possible to change the username for a while, but it costs real money.
Great new features are being rolled out:
Performance. Players can now set their name as they like and it’s completely free.
You can change the display name in Roblox fairly easily. So what’s the difference between a display name and a username? Your username identifies your account and this is what you use to log in.
The display name is not unique and will appear above the head of the chat or game character. On June 8, 2021, developers released this feature to 99% of users worldwide.
So here’s how to change the Roblox display name:
- Roblox now allows all users around the world to change their Roblox display name for free.
- Yes, you don’t need to use Robux for that.
Note that this is different from the process of changing a Roblox username.
Here’s how to change the display name in Roblox:
- Log in to your Roblox account.
- Go to your account settings.
- In your browser, click the gear icon in the upper right corner of your website.
- On your mobile device, tap the three-dot icon (Other).
- Then select Account Information.
- Select the Rename button you want to see (the icon looks like a pencil and paper).
- Enter a new display name.
- Click Save.
- Please update and check another new display name, which is different from your Roblox username.
Read more: How to Buy a Land in Farming Simulator 19?
Username vs Display Name Differences
As mentioned above, the most important difference is that you can change the display name for free. The name should still pass through the filter to avoid using offensive names.
If you do not set a display name, the user name is set as the display name by default.
- Display names were first tested on a German server in February 2021 but were removed shortly after some troublemakers found a way to exploit them.
- Testing resumed in April last year and this feature is gradually being rolled out to all players.
- The display name is 3 to 20 characters and can only be changed once every 7 days. Therefore, if you choose something that you regret immediately, you need to keep it for a while.
The display name, on the other hand, will be as you suggest. That is, how your name will appear to others during the game, when you are chatting with someone and in the player list. Official website: here
Read more: How to Take a Snapshot in Pokémon Go?