Among all the online video games, VRChat is an exceptional one for its type so, you should clear the VRChat cache before using it.
Actually, it is not a “pure” game. VRChat is a free-to-play hugely multiplayer online virtual reality social platform. Indeed, it likewise plays the function of social communication.
Is it true that you are a VRChat fan? Have you ever experienced issues while playing the game like input lag and FPS drop? Or, are you upset with the increasing bad experience in VRChat?
Every one of those issues can be called by the large and increasing amount of cache generated when you are enjoying your game. For gamers who have been playing VRChat for several years, the cache folder can size up to many GB.
Where is the VRChat cache?
- On your computer, Go to the location of C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\LocalLow\VRChat\vrchat.
- You can quickly show thereby searching %AppData%\.. \LocalLow\VRChat\vrchat\ in Windows Explorer address bar.
Is it free?
It is a free-to-play greatly multiplayer online computer-generated experienced social platform created by Graham Gaylor and Jesse Joudrey. It allows players to cooperate with others as 3D character models.
How to Do Clear Cache Manually?
- on your computer, Go to the location of C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\LocalLow\VRChat\vrchat. You can quickly show up there by searching %AppData%\..\LocalLow\VRChat\vrchat\ in Windows Explorer address bar.
To clear the VRChat cache manually, there is no hardest consideration that requires a huge of attention.
In the “vrchat” folder, discover and delete the following subfolders manually:
- Search %USERPROFILE%\.cache in Windows Explorer, discover it, and delete the youtube-dl subfolder in the current directory.
- Search “Regedit” in Taskbar to launch Registry Editor.
- Click File on the top menu and choose Export to export a copy of the original registry file. Since modifying the registry is a somehow dangerous task, it is recommended to make a backup.
- Clean up the VRChat settings (PlayerPrefs). Go to this way HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VRChat\vrchat and delete the folder named “vrchat” by right-clicking on it and choosing Delete.
- Go to %TEMP%\VRChat in Windows Explorer, then, delete the vrchat subfolder in the directory.
From Registry Editor
You can open the Registry Editor by searching the box “Regedit” in Windows Search in the Taskbar. At that point, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VRChat\vrchat, and delete the folder named vrchat. Just right-click it and select Delete. This operation deletes the VRChat settings, otherwise called the PlayerPrefs.
In this part, it will show you to clear with Command Prompt.
- Search “cmd” in Taskbar, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Information the following command in the CMD and press Enter.
- At the point when it finds out if you need to delete all keys under the VRChat key, simply press Y for yes, at that press Enter.
- At long last, close the command prompt window to complete the task.
4. MKLinking The Cache
This one is a bit more complicated, however, I highly suggest it if you’re running low on HDD/SSD space and just for the most part would to see these map files resaved on your C: drive.
- Do find the VRChat file or folder in your %appdata% folder or subfolder according to Method 1
> in the AppData folder, then do find out LocalLow, after it, you may see VRChat.
Move the main VRChat folder (the one in LocalLow) out of the C: drive, to whatever drive you’d like to store it from now.
Open CMD by clicking the beginning menu and typing cmd
Type the following:
Press Enter, and then type:
- Now that you’ve got that down, you need to connect the folder to VRChat under AppData.
Read more: How to Change Language on Fortnite PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch?
You can also read out the documentation of VRchat: here
Can I play VRChat on my phone?
VR chat mobile. The latest version of Ivry and of this game (1.08) has to test and then make it confirmed for sending ahead VRChat, which may allow you to use on Android or iPhone or iPad according to VR headsets so easy o view VRChat.
How do I get VRChat avatars?
One of the most effortless ways to get a VRChat Avatar is to download something premade from the Unity Asset Store.