The DualShock 4 is an incredible controller, however, it’s planned explicitly for the Sony PlayStation 4 and can connect a PS4 controller to a pc.
That implies, at any rate on paper, that it’s not intended to be utilized with a PC.
Dread not, since PCs are such ground-breaking and adaptable frameworks that you can get almost any fringe to chip away at them with a little exertion.
Connecting a PS4dual shock 4 is a very comfortable way to play games on your PC system. One could even say it’s an ideal choice when playing on a PC and can connect the ps4 controller to pc Bluetooth.
The layout of the PS4 is in such a way that it allows the PC based controls to work easily, not only that but its touchpad also enables the user to use it as a mouse pad.
The question is how can one connect the controller to a PC system? Here are some easy ways to overcome these problems and it’s easier than you might think.
- 1 Connect PS4 Controller To A PC By Steam
- 2 Connect PS4 Controller To A PC By PS4 Windows
- 3 Ways to connect the controller
Connect PS4 Controller To A PC By Steam
Some of you might have heard of steam. Steam is a popular game launcher.
One of the steam’s main specialties is that it has released an update that helps connect the ps4 controller to pc wirelessly.
If your preferred game is already on steam it shall be easier for you to connect it to your computer PC system as the option is already available.
For this, we will first have to open steam and check for its latest updates. If you already have the latest version of Steam installed you can easily skip this step.
Once the updates are complete we shall open it and go into its setting options.
We will find our general controller settings. We will observe a window open up that contains information about different game types.
We shall then check the boxes of the PlayStation configuration support option.
After this step is over we shall then connect the ps4 controller to pc Bluetooth windows 10 via USB cable or Bluetooth and that’s that.
Although it’s super easy to use, preferring steam has some problems.
The basic and foremost problem being that steam is that it doesn’t work for everybody.
Another major problem being that steam doesn’t work for all games, essentially older versions of games.
Not only that but games outside steam also do not work with the controller.
So to tackle these problems we’re going to introduce other methods of connecting a PS4 controller to your PC system as well.
Connect PS4 Controller To A PC By PS4 Windows
Installing your controller to the PC system is not enough. For this, you need additional software to help you with the process. One such software is the DS4 Windows.
This is extremely easy to use the software.
The way these software works is that it tricks the computer system to think that your PS4 controller is an Xbox 360 controller, which is Microsoft’s product, thus allowing it to be used on its supporter
How to install PS4 Windows?
The initial step for this is to install the newest DS4 windows.zip file.
- After we have acquired the file we shall then extract the file. We will then observe a window pop up asking where should the extracted file be placed.
- You can choose any place of your preference and proceed to the next step.
- Once the file is extracted, you will see that there are two options available.
- The first option will say DS4updater.exe.
- This will keep the files updated for future reference so it is preferable to download this file to avoid any future inconvenience. This step is completely optional.
The second file we shall observe will read DS4window.exe. This is the setup itself and clicking on it will initiate the download
How to setup PS4 Windows?
It is very simple to set up the PS4 Windows.
When we click on the file it will ask us where we want the placement of our files. The suggested option for this is choosing the AppData option.
After we have selected our files placement a new window will appear.
This will ask us to install the driver. We shall click the “install DS4 driver” Option to use the controller and the process shall be completed.
If in any case this does not help or work out try checking your windows.
If you have windows 7 or below then you are required to download a 360 driver as well.
Ways to connect the controller
There are two ways to connect the controller to the PC system.
One being via Bluetooth while the other being the simple method of connecting it to a USB cable. Both of these methods are very simple.
- To connect your controller via Bluetooth you will first need to open your windows panel.
- There, above your shut down symbol, you will see the settings symbol.
- Click the symbol, on the top you will see the search bar.
- Inside the search bar, you will write Bluetooth and in your suggestions, you will see the option for “Bluetooth and other devices setting”
- Click this and make sure it is turned on.
- If you already have a PS4 make sure it is turned off as most times it is connected by default. If the light bar isn’t one you can proceed forward.
- After this, we will press and hold the share button and the PS button that are located on top of the controller.
- We shall hold it for 3 seconds or more.
- We shall do this until the top of the controller gives off a flash.
- After seeing the flash we shall open the Bluetooth again and click on “add Bluetooth and other devices”
- We shall then click on the “wireless controller” on the available device.
After this, you are going to be asked for a code. The code is extremely simple all you have to do is type in 0000 and you are good to go. More visit: AmazeInvent
The USB method is quite simple and convenient.
All we need for this method is an ordinary micro USB cable. It is easily available in any household which has an Android device. All you have to do is to connect the PS4 and you’re good to go.
In case, you do not have a USB cable you can also easily use a Bluetooth adapter.
This small adapter is attached to your device just like a USB and can be easily used.
It is also very cheap and cost-efficient so you don’t have to worry about expenses
How can I connect my DualShock 4 to my PC?
Press the “PlayStation” button and the “Offer” button on the controller simultaneously, and hold them down. The light bar on the controller will begin blazing.
This demonstrates the controller is in Bluetooth pairing mode. At long last, connect the controller to your computer like you’d pair any Bluetooth gadget.
How can I connect my DualShock 4 to Windows 10?
On Windows 10, you can open the Settings application from the Start menu, select “Gadgets,” and afterward select “Bluetooth.”
The DualShock 4 will show up here as a “Remote Controller” if it’s in pairing mode.
You would then be able to choose it and snap “Pair” to combine it with your computer.
Can you be able to utilize the PlayStation 3 controller on PC?
To utilize your PS3 controller remotely, you’ll either require a PC with worked in Bluetooth similarity or a Bluetooth dongle connected.
You should connect the controller before you can play remotely.
Accomplishes the ps3 controller chip away at Windows 10?
Thus, to have the option to get your PS3 gamepad taking a shot at Windows 10, you need to do two or three things first.
The absolute first thing you have to do is to download the correct driver for your PlayStation 3 joystick.
There are a ton of drivers of this sort, yet I suggest Motioninjoy. You can download it for nothing from this connection.