If you already have a PS4, it’s also worth knowing how to use a PS4 controller on Steam.
In 2018, Valve officially launched support for the PS4 DualShock 4 platform on Steam, but it’s impressively customizable.
Not only can you connect and play compatible games (with a little work), you can also control the mouse with the touchpad (whole trip on Windows), or tilt the gamepad to move the camera.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PC Steam?
However, learning how to use a PS4 controller on Steam is not as easy as plugging in an Xbox One keyboard and jumping into the game of your choice.
This is especially true when using it wirelessly.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller. For wiring, connect the micro-USB cable from the path to your computer before proceeding to step 10.
- Make sure your computer has Bluetooth. There are a few additional steps to take when using the DualShock 4 controller wirelessly on Steam. First, make sure your computer has Bluetooth. If not, Sony sells the official DualShock 4 USB adapter, but it’s very hard to find these days. Fortunately, older devices that support Bluetooth 2.0 or later will suffice.
- Press the Home button, then press Settings
- On Windows, press the Start button, then press Settings.
- Turn on Bluetooth and then add a Bluetooth device
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on, then tap Add Bluetooth or another device.
- Select Bluetooth
- Simply choose the top option on this menu.
- Now link that PS4 administrator
- Then grab the PS4 DualShock 4 controller and hold down the PS button (the button between the two analog sticks) and the share button (the button in the upper right corner of the D path). The computer will be able to detect when the light bar on the controller starts blinking.
- Now select a wireless controller
- When you return to Windows, your PS4 path will appear in the list of devices ready for pairing. This is called a very common “wireless controller” and you can click on it when it appears.
- Find device ready message
- Go to Steam settings
- Sign in to Steam. Click the Steam menu in the upper left corner, then click Settings.
- Select a controller on Steam
- A submenu that appears in the order Controller> General Controller Settings.
- Check support for PlayStation settings
- Check the box labeled “PlayStation Setup Support” to set it to the final stage of the process.
Read more: How to Enable 2FA in Fortnite in Xbox?
Customize your PS4 controller for Steam
Now that you’re ready to migrate your PS4 path to Steam, to overload it, go back to the previous menu and try out the big picture configuration and desktop configuration.
This allows you to customize your controller in a very comfortable way, whether in-game or with Steam in general.
In addition to reselecting each button to adjust the sensitivity of the thumbstick, you can also take advantage of the controller’s unique touchpad and gyroscope in a variety of ways.
Want the DualShock 4s touchpad to behave like a mouse? keep it up. Why don’t you operate the game camera just by moving the controller?
You can make it happen. If you want to adjust all the possible parameters when setting up game controls, the Steams Dual Shock 4 feature can keep you busy for hours.
Read more: How to Fix Xbox One Controller Drift?