Many of the people who have a Yahoo Email account ask on how to Delete Yahoo Email?
The Yahoo Mail is an email service that was launched in 1997 through the American parent company Yahoo!
The Yahoo Mail offers four different email plans which include three for personal use ( Basic, Plus, and Ad-Free ) and another which is for the Business purposes.
By December 2011, Yahoo Mail had almost 281 million users, which made it the third-largest web-based email service all over the world.
Since 2015, its webmail client now also supports the managing non-Yahoo email accounts. As many as three web interfaces were available at any of the given time.
In the 2005 version it included a new Ajax interface, drag and drop option, improved search option, keyboard shortcuts were also included, address auto-completion, and tabs.
Now let’s discuss how to delete the Yahoo Email if you have one.
You can shut down your entire Yahoo Mail account in just a few steps and revoke access to your email address, remove all your emails, and avoid people from texting you.
What does it mean to delete a Yahoo Mail account?
If you want to delete a Yahoo Mail account it means that not only your emails will be removed and also you will lose access to your account, but you will no longer be having access to your My Yahoo settings, also your Flickr account and photos, and other of the data which is stored in Yahoo’s services.
If you are paying for any of Yahoo subscription services, do remember that you have o cancel those subscriptions first to prevent unexpected payments. The same goes if you have a Flickr Pro membership.
If you close your Yahoo account that will not cancel automatic charges which are associated with your account.
The moment you close your Yahoo Mail account, anyone who tries to send you a message to the email address it will immediately receive a delivery failure message.
Now to avoid the confusion and concerns, just make sure that you tell your friends and your contacts that you are about to close your Yahoo Mail account so they would not message or text you in the first place – both from the email address you have planned on to use in the future ( so they can easily message to reach you ) and also from your Yahoo Mail address ( to make sure the message is received ).
How to Delete Your Yahoo Mail Account
- First of all, you have to open Yahoo’s “delete user” page and enter your username there, and press Next. You can recover your forgotten Yahoo Email password if you are not so sure about what it is.
- Enter your password now. If you have an Account Key set up, Yahoo will send a text message to your mobile phone to authenticate you.
- Then just read the text which is on the page with the title “ Before continuing, please consider the following information “. It points out and tells you what you will lose when you delete your Yahoo Mail account. Now Press on Continue.
- Now enter your email address once more into the field which is provided.
- Select the option which says “ Yes, terminate this account “.
- You will know whether it has worked or not if you see a message that says “ Your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion “.
- Press the option which says “ sounds good “ to return to Yahoo’s homepage.
In some of the cases, Yahoo will not remove everything for up to 180 days, but that depends mostly on the country which you have signed up from. Data that is connected to a Yahoo Finance Premium account might be kept for three calendar years.
How to Cancel a BT Yahoo Mail Premium Account
If you have got your Yahoo Mail account with British Telecommunications ( BT ), you are not able to cancel the service using the Yahoo Mail account termination page. However, you can also contact British Communications ( BT ) directly to have your Yahoo Mail Premium account deleted.
Some of the things which you should keep in mind and remember:
Following are some of the important things which you have to be aware of when it comes to deleting your Yahoo account:
- What will happen to My Yahoo Mail User Name and Email Address? Your username and email address will be available for other users to use it in the future, so they might receive messages which are meant for you if the senders still use your old email address.
- Can I Reactivate a Closed Yahoo Mail Account? Actually yes you can reactivate your account even after you have marked it for the deletion. If you want to reopen the deleted Yahoo Mail account, you just have to log on to the account within under 40 days after deleting it.
You can also do this through the regular Yahoo Mail web page. The time you have reactivated the account, you will start getting the emails once again, but you have to know that you will not be able to see any emails which were sent to the account while it was closed.
- What happens to the Emails which are sent to my address after I close My Yahoo Mail account? In the meantime ( starting as soon as you close your account ), senders trying to message your deleted Yahoo Mail account’s address will receive a delivery failure text. AmazeInvent
The message which you will receive might say something like this:
SMTP 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to ***@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. – mta***.yahoo.com
Though, this message will no longer be visible or seen if you reactivate your account as it is described above. Official support.
What happens if I delete my Yahoo email?
Deleting a Yahoo Mail account doesn’t just mean deleting your emails and losing access to your account, but you can now change your My Yahoo settings, your Flickr account and photos, and more. Other data I have will not be accessed. Yahoo Services.
What happens when you delete an email account?
Your email and mail settings will be deleted. You can no longer use your Gmail address to send or receive the email.
If you change your mind, you’ll be able to get your Gmail address back.
Your Google Account will not be deleted. Only your Gmail service will be removed.
Should I delete a Yahoo account?
NBC News is running the story: “Experts: Don’t Delete Your Yahoo Account”.
According to the story, if the email in your account is linked to your online banking account, deleting your account gives a hacker a chance to recreate it.
So instead, you should change the password and security questions.
Can you permanently delete Yahoo’s email account?
If you want to cancel, sign in to your Yahoo account termination page with a Yahoo ID.
Note that deleting a Yahoo account will also remove access to any payment services related to this email address. Enter your Yahoo password to confirm your identity and click Yes, delete this account.