So, you guys are here to know how you can Join a Lan World in Minecraft? That simply means that you want to play Minecraft online, right? No need to worry about that now, my friends.
In this article, I will tell you some very different ways to play Minecraft with your friends across a good range of platforms, but before that, I think it is better to talk about Minecraft itself a little.
So, guys, Minecraft is a well-known game that is played across the globe and people just love it. It is a creative game that allows you to create a world of your own and learn to survive in worlds that are pre-generated.
Minecraft is said to be a creation game that has no true conclusion to it.
As long as your imagination is flowing while playing this game, Minecraft will keep ongoing. Minecraft is said to be the most important game of this generation and the people who don’t play Minecraft are just questioning, “WHY?”
Minecraft has two distinct game modes, Survival and Creative. If I briefly describe these modes then I would say that the Survival Game Mode lets you experience the traditional game and the Creative Game Mode allows you a world of infinite possibilities.
If you want to experience these modes and this game, I suggest you download, and buy this game up right now.
I think that this is enough talk for the Minecraft game itself, now I will be providing you with all the different ways you can apply to play Minecraft with your friends and family across a number of platforms.
How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer on a LAN Server
FOR MINECRAFT: JAVA EDITION
- First of all, you will need to choose a host computer. That host computer should be fast enough to play the game while running a server of Minecraft for you and other friends or family members of yours to join.
- After choosing a good computer, launch the Minecraft game on it and select “Single Player”
- You will have to create a new world for the server or you can even open an existing one.
- Once you are inside the new world or the existing one, press the ESC button and then select “Open to LAN” option on it
- Then you will need to choose a game mode. Choose between Survival, Creative, or Adventure.
- Select the option which says, “Start LAN World”
- LAN server has been successfully created, now your friends and family players on the same network whoever wants to join and play on this server can now start their games on their devices and connect to this server via the “Multiplayer” button.
FOR MINECRAFT FOR WINDOWS 10 & XBOX
- First of all, make sure that all the players who wish to play with you are connected to the same network as yours, and then choose a host device.
- After selecting a host device, select “Play” on it.
- You will see a “Pen” icon there, click on it to create a new world for your server or you can even edit an existing world.
- On the Multiplayer Settings window, click and enable the option which says “Visible to LAN players”
- After enabling and making the server available to all the LAN players, select the “Create” option and continue your game as usual.
- The server for LAN has been created successfully. Now other players which are connected to the same network connection as yours can join your server by looking for available LAN games under the tab named “Friends”.
This connects all your friends and family members to the server you created on the host device.
If you want to join and play on an online server on this Minecraft game with friends and people from across the globe, but you don’t know the procedure then you are lucky that I am here. I will now tell you how to play Minecraft game on an online server.
How to Play Minecraft on an Online Server
PROCEDURE FOR MINECRAFT: JAVA EDITION:
- In order to connect to another player’s server, it doesn’t matter where he lives. All you have to do is that launch and log into the game and then select the “Multiplayer” option
- Select the option “Add Server” and then ask that friend of yours whom server you want to join for IP or web address for that server. Add that IP or web address for that server and press Enter. You will be joining that online server in a moment only.
PROCEDURE FOR MINECRAFT FOR WINDOWS 10 & CONSOLES
- These platforms like the Windows 10 and different consoles offer you with a good number of official online servers and what more good is that joining these servers is very easy. You just have to go to the “Servers” tab and you will see several online servers there.
Select one and click join. The easiest and most convenient way it is.
- If you want to join an external server in which your friend is playing from another network connection or even from another country, you can add and join that external server on the Windows 10 version of Minecraft.
You just have to go to the “Add Server” option and enter the necessary information it is asking you regarding the server you want to join and go for it. You will be added to that external online server in a moment only. AmazeInvent
I should tell you that this “Add Server” option is not available on any console you buy. This is because of some restrictions on these platforms. Official Support.