Last Updated on September 6, 2020 by admin
While most of you have heard about Craiglist, others haven’t. This is an American website, where you can put up ads about anything.
There are classified ads for jobs, housing, sale items, wanted items, services, and much more. There are discussions forums, resumes, and even gigs that people can see on it.
Unflag a Post on Craigslist
In 2008, Craiglist started to support different languages like Spanish, French, Italian, and German. There are 70 countries that have Craiglist sites, and it operates in 700 cities worldwide. In 2019, users got a Craiglist app, which was compatible with both iOS and Android.
There are pros and cons of using Craiglist for buyers:
- It is a local app, and the buyer doesn’t have to pay shipping charges
- They are most likely to find good deals on Craiglist
- Sellers are always willing to negotiate prices
- There are no guarantees as to whether the product is exactly what the seller is saying it is or not
- There is no way of knowing how long a product would be up for sale on Craiglist
- When you finally find the item that you need on Craiglist, it might already be sold away
For sellers, the following are the pros
- They can put up anything on Craiglist, to selling purposes like homemade lasagna
- It is a quick and free service
- The seller doesn’t knows who the buyer is, so it can be unsafe for them. The buyer might take the products, and not pay them
- There is no guarantee that the seller is going to make the payment or not
There are many discussion boards where people can easily meet those who have similar interests. In fact, there are romance pages on Craiglist, where people can date online. There are event listing as well, telling people about the next festival or concert in their area.
However, regardless of whatever the user browses, he should always be careful about buying or selling services, because there could be predators contacting them.
Flag and Unflag
The reason why Craiglist has the flag option, is because it wants users to inform other users that something is being sold on Craiglist, which shouldn’t be.
When you go to an ad, you will notice four options there; 1) reply 2) favorite 3) hide, and 4) flag.
If you flag a post, then this means that the item shouldn’t be sold on Craiglist. It could be that you had a bad experience with the seller before, or you just think that the item is inappropriate.
However, it is not uncommon for people to flag someone, they wanted to favorite or reply to, because the icons are located side by side. In case such a thing happens, there is a way to unflag that ad.
- Open the app
- Select your country and city
- Select the service that you found the post in
- On the top right corner of the screen, you will see bin icon, which is usually used for deleted items
- When you click on it, you will see a list of posts that you have flagged and the option of ‘restore this posting’.
Even if you flag someone’s post, it doesn’t mean that Craiglist is going to remove it right away.
Don’t panic; a post has to be flagged from many people to be removed, so even if you have flagged a post by mistake, it won’t just vanish.
Despite the many cons of Craiglist, it is a really good place for buyers and sellers to interact. Buying and selling become easy when people get to directly interact with each other. Read more: What Does INB4 Mean? You Need To Know