Last Updated on June 18, 2020 by admin
If all else fails, you’ll need to restore your device to factory reset iPod touch.
Under Settings -> General -> Reset, choose to erase all content and settings to restore your iPod to its original, out-of-the-box setup.
It can connect to the Internet only by Wi-Fi base stations, it does not use the cellular network data and it is therefore not a smartphone. Just like an iPhone, this device can be used as a music player, digital camera, web browser, note logger, and handheld gaming device.
The iPod Touch models are sold by storage space and color, with all of the models of the same generation mostly offering, or else the same features, processors, performance, and available operating system upgrades.
The current and recent iPod touch is the seventh generation model, which was released on May 28, 2019.
Restoring or resetting your iPod touch to its factory settings is a troubleshooting process that is advised to fix almost all the problems when simpler solutions have failed.
Because the fraction of the restore process erases the iPod touch, which leaves non of your data or information on the device, a Restore process is also good and recommended before selling or giving away the device.
- 1 Preparation: Back Up the iPod touch
- 2 Erase the iPod touch
- 3 Restore the iCloud Backup to the iPod touch
- 4 Restore the iTunes Backup to the iPod touch
- 5 How hard do you reset your iPod?
- 6 How do you reset a disabled iPod Touch?
- 7 How do you do a factory reset on iPod Touch?
- 8 How do I unlock an inactive iPod Touch?
Preparation: Back Up the iPod touch
First of all, you should be prepared and back up the iPod touch.
Before you begin the restore process, make sure to create a backup of your data on the iPod because it will all be erased and deleted during the Restore process.
First and foremost, check for any iOS software update and install the updates on your iPod touch. Then you should make the backup. You can create a backup of your data to iCloud or iTunes on your computer.
Creating a backup on to iCloud
- Simply connect your iPod touch to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings, then scroll down to iCloud and tap it.
- Tap on Backup and make sure that the iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Tap the option ( Back Up Now ).
- Do not disconnect the iPod from the Wi-Fi network until the backup is complete.
Creating a backup on to iTunes on a Computer
- Open iTunes on your desktop or your laptop computer.
- Then connect your iPod touch to your computer with a cable.
- Now enter your device passcode when you are said to do so.
- Click on Library in iTunes and choose your iPod when it appears at the top of the iTunes screen. The Summary screen opens.
- Now choose the radio button which is right next to This Computer to make a full backup that is stored on your computer.
- Now select the box which is titled Encrypt iPod Backup and enter a password that you can easily remember if you are backing up Health and Activity data, Homekit data, and passwords. Or else, encryption is an option.
- Click on Back Up Now.
Erase the iPod touch
Now you have to erase the iPod touch by turning off the Find My Phone / iPod feature if that feature is enabled. To take the iPod touch back to its original factory reset settings.
- Just go to the Settings.
- Tap on the General option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Reset.
- Tap on the Erase All Content and Settings.
- There will be a pop-up confirmation screen that states that “ This will delete all the media and data, and reset all settings, “ tap Erase iPod.
Now on this point, your iPod touch displays a Hello screen. It has been restored to its original factory settings and it no longer contains any of your personal information or data.
It is all ready to be sep to as a new device. If you are selling your device or giving it away from the iPod touch, do not go any further in the Restore process.
If the Restore process was a part of troubleshooting to fix the problem with the device, you will have to reload your data on the iPod touch. Two Restore options are offered. Then you will have to select the method that matches your backup.
- Either Restore from iCloud Backup
- Or Restore from iTunes Backup
Restore the iCloud Backup to the iPod touch
From the Hello screen, simply follow the setup steps until you see an option that has the Apps and Data screen.
- Just click on an option that says Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Then enter your Apple ID when you are requested to do so.
- Choose the most recent backup from the backups which are displayed.
- Keep your device connected to the Wi-Fi network for the entire time in which the backup is being downloaded.
Now at this point, the Restore of your data is completed and you can now use your device.
Because an iCloud keeps a record of all of your purchased music, movies, apps, and other media, it is not added in the iCloud backup. Those items are downloaded automatically from iTunes in the next few hours after all this process. Official support.
Restore the iTunes Backup to the iPod touch
To restore from a full iTunes backup on your computer just follow the steps given below:
- Launch the iTunes on the computer which you used to make the backup.
- Connect the iPod touch to your computer with its cable.
- Now enter your passcode if you are said to do so.
- Then click on your iPod touch in iTunes.
- Now simply choose the Summary tab and click on the Restore Backup option.
- Select the most recent backup and click on Restore.
- Now enter your encrypted backup password, if you have encrypted the file.
Now, wait until the backup is restored to the iPod touch. Then your device restarts and it now syncs with the computer. Do not disconnect it until the sync is completely done. Official forum
How hard do you reset your iPod?
To reset the iPod Touch, touch and hold the Sleep / Wake button and Home button simultaneously for at least 15 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, the red slide to power off the slider.
Ignore After resetting your iPod Touch, everything should return to normal, including your music and data files.
How do you reset a disabled iPod Touch?
Turn off your iPod Make sure that when you can disable the screen then keep the home key on your computer (iTunes) to put your iPod in recovery mode And then you have to restore it well.
Once restored, you can re-sync it to your iTunes.
How do you do a factory reset on iPod Touch?
Rearrange data on your iPod Touch
- Next, go to the Settings app on the iPod Touch and in the general submenu, tap “Erase All Content and Settings“.
- Confirm that you want to delete the information on the iPod Touch and enter your Apple ID and passcode if prompted.
- It may take a few minutes to completely wipe the iPod.
How do I unlock an inactive iPod Touch?
- If your iPod is inactive, the only way to unlock it is to erase it and reset it.
- If you have a backup, you will be able to restore it, otherwise, you will lose all your data.
- There is no way to unlock an inactive iPod unless you use the correct passcode or erase it.