When the wifi adapter is turned off outside and cannot be turned on automatically.
This is a standard error and is usually seen when you run the Windows troubleshooting when the internet is not connected.
This error can occur for many reasons, including incorrect BIOS settings, old drivers, and the wifi button is turned off. However, the error is most noticeable after a new Windows update or after you have recently installed a Windows update.
Whatever the reason, these errors can be frustrating. Fortunately, this problem can be solved.
Let’s see how.
- 1 How to fix the wireless capability of Windows 10 when turned off?
- 1.1 By updating the Network Adaptor
- 1.2 By updating the BIO
- 1.3 How to fix wireless capability in Dell laptops when turned off?
- 1.4 How to connect a Dell laptop with Wifi?
- 1.5 How to fix the wireless capability in the Toshiba laptop when turned off?
- 1.6 Exterior wireless switch
- 1.7 On-screen wireless Switch
- 1.8 Lenovo Laptop
How to fix the wireless capability of Windows 10 when turned off?
By updating the Network Adaptor
Suppose the network drivers are not updated. This issue may occur, and you may see an error.
Therefore, you need to update the Driver to see if the issue is resolved.
- Firstly, right-click on the Start and then select Device Manager from the menu. Now, right-click on the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, navigate to Network Adapter and expand it. Right-click on the wireless adapter to update the Driver. Right-click on the Device Manager Network Adapter Wireless Adapter Update Driver.
- In the next Window, select search your computer for a driver. Update Driver ( Search fie a driver on my computer).
- Then, select let me pick from the list of drivers available on my computer. Let me select a driver from a list of those available on my computer.
- Next, check the box next to the corresponding show hardware and select from the list below. Then, click on the next and let the update complete.
Views the compatible hardware check select the following method.
Restart your computer when the update is completed, and your Wifi should now work fine.
By updating the BIO
Suppose none of the above methods work. The only option left would be to try updating the BIOS, and this should correct the error. Before updating the BIOS, be sure to create a backup of your system data.
- Firstly, check the BIOS version.
- Then right-click the start menu and select Run to open the Run command.
- To start the desktop, Right-click on the Run button.
In the Run search box, type msinfo32 and click Ok to open the System Information window.
- Win+R Run Command Msinfo32 Ok.
- In the information System window, you can scroll to BIOs Version /Date section.
- To check, click the BIOS Version of your system.
- Now go to the “Manufacturer” website to get the latest BIOS version.
- Get it and take it with a pen drive.
Reboot the system with a pen drive connected to the system. The system reboots use the UEFI settings to enter the BIOS, as shown in this article. Alternatively, you can update the BIOS using a bootable USB flash disk. You can use this process to create installation media for Windows 10.
Now copy the updated BIOS version from the manufacturer’s website to the boot disk. Reboot the system with the boot disk inserted. Then you can run the setup script using DOS.
To proceed with the BIOS update, to need to check the manual that came with the motherboard.
Follow the instructions that are given there.
That’s all. When done, then the wireless Capacity error should disappear.
How to fix wireless capability in Dell laptops when turned off?
Scroll to the “On” tab to enable the Dell for wireless communication. Check the wifi status light on the wall of the laptop.
When Wifi is turned on, the lights are on. Click on the start button. Try the following steps to resolve the issue.
- Open the Settings from the Start menu and then select Internet and Network.
- Click Wifi in the left pane and select Change adapter options.
- Now, right-click the wireless network adapter and select Properties. In the Network tab, select Configuration.
- Click the Power Control tab. Now, select allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy. Uncheck it and click ok.
How do I turn my Wifi on?
If so, turn it off to enable the wireless network card.
- The wifi adapter can be enabled from the Control panel.
- Click on the Network and Distribution Center.
- Then click the Change Adapter settings link in the left navigation bar.
- Now, right-click the wifi adapter and select Activate.
How to connect a Dell laptop with Wifi?
The following steps will help you to connect Wifi on a dell laptop.
- Select the Windows Action Center icon in the lower-right corner of the taskbar. You can also select the icon in the Windows taskbar. But this will depend on the status of your connection.
- Suppose you don’t see the Network icon. Then select the Show hidden icons arrow to expand the options.
- In the Window 10, Network icons and the Windows Action Center
- Select the Network. Network in Windows Action Center in Windows Action Center selectsWifi. The symbol will be highlighted when it is activated.
- Alternatively, you can choose to turn the Wifi on automatically after a few hours or a day. Select the wifi network you want to connect to and enter the password. When you see connected under the network name, you can start using the internet.
- To connect other devices and wireless headphones to your laptop, you must enable Windows Bluetooth.
How to fix the wireless capability in the Toshiba laptop when turned off?
Suppose you turn on the wireless adapter on your Toshiba laptop while away from the office.
- It will quickly lose battery power if you don’t need to go online but still want to work on your computer.
- Then turn off the wireless connection to save battery power.
The disadvantage of the modern slim design laptop is that the location of the wireless connection switch may not be conspicuous.
Suppose your laptop has an external wireless connection switch. Then you should find it on the front of the laptop in the corner of the case.
Suppose your computer doesn’t have an external switch. Then use the “Functionally” key on the keyboard to display the “on / off” wireless icon on the computer screen.
Exterior wireless switch
Position the laptop facing the screen, and the keyboard is in front of you.
Now, check the front edge of the laptop case.
- Specify the wireless indicator light with the wireless antenna icon.
- The “On/Off” switch to the left of the beacon is the wireless Switch.
- Set the Switch to the “Of” position to turn off the wireless adapter.
- Similarly, if you want to turn on the wireless adapter, set I to the “On” position.
On-screen wireless Switch
- Press and hold the “Fn” function key on the laptop keyboard. Display the laptop’s shortcut card icons on the screen.
- Click the Wireless icon on the screen, press the corresponding key on the keyboard, usually the “F8” key on a Toshiba laptop.
- Click the Wireless “On” or Wireless “Off” icon in the list of options to enable or disable all wireless connections.
- If your laptop has Bluetooth and wifi connections, you can also select to enable or disable these services separately.
Read more: 6 Best laptops for Adobe Creative Cloud
You are unable to activate your Wifi on your Lenovo laptop. I will help you with the same.
- First of all, ensure that your wireless services are running correctly. To check that, follow these steps :
- Press the Windows key+ R, then type services and press Enter button.
- Right-click on the service called AutoConfig-WLAN.
- Check that it is set to manual. If not, then set it.
If the problem persists, I suggest you reinstall the wireless adapter driver. And recreate the connection.
Following are steps to remove the Network Adapter driver :
- Click on the start button and go to the control panel in the right column.
- Change the scene with a large icon or a small icon ( from Windows Explorer).
- Double click on the Device Manager.
- Now expand the Network Adapter. Double-click the wireless network device list.
- Click the Driver tab. Click on the uninstall.
- Open feature and program from Control Panel.
- Remove items related to wireless network connections.
- Then reinstall the Driver on your CD player from the manufacturer’s website. After installing, create a new connection.
Download the Internet Explorer from the manufacturer’s website if its CD is not available.
If you still face this problem, I recommend ensuring that all Windows updates are installed on your computer because some missing updates may cause this issue.
- To install available Windows updates, follow the steps given below
- Click the Windows +R control panel, and then click Ok.
- Change the view from window explorer to small icons or large icons.
- Click on the start button. Write down Windows Update in the search box and then click Windows Update in the results window.
- Click on the Reviews for updates. When the scan is complete, click on Optional Options.
- Click on the Checkbox next to Updates. Then click the Create Update button.
If you are asked to review the license agreement, click the Accept button.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install and download updates. Restart your computer if prompted.
Read more: Is Lenovo A Good Brand Or Not?