Last Updated on November 20, 2020 by uzma
Getting error during installing Kodi on Xbox One and Xbox 360? Let’s fix it.
You might have heard about open source software, but Kodi is an open-source media player! This media player allows the users to access multiple apps, movies, and TV shows on it.
There are sports and photos that people can run, with good quality video output. In Kodi, there is a repository where the user can get multiple addons, and these add-ons further help the user in running media accounts.
How to Install Kodi on Xbox One & Xbox 360?
Kodi is perfect for home use, and it is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Xbox, and many other devices.
Xbox One and Xbox 360
Xbox One and Xbox 360 are the most widely used devices by gamers. However, what most people don’t know is that it allows the user to stream media content on it.
The user can install Kodi on both devices, by following some simple steps:
- Connect the console to your TV (could be Xbox One or Xbox 360)
- Connect it to the internet, through the Wi-Fi connectivity available on both devices
- Open Xbox Store
- In the search space, type “Kodi”
- Select the official Kodi app from the list, and click on the Get button
- The Kodi app will start downloading. Here
- During the installation process, the user doesn’t have to do anything
- Once the installation process is done, the user has to select the Launch button
- This will open Kodi on their console
- Now the user can stream their favorite movies and TV shows on both devices
If your Xbox One or Xbox 360 are using the same Microsoft account as your Windows PC, then there is another way to download Kodi on these consoles. However, for this to work, make sure that both devices are using the same Microsoft account and credentials.
- Open Windows PC and then the Microsoft Store app
- Click on the Search bar and then look for Kodi
- You will find the app in search results
- On the next screen, you can choose the option of ‘Install on Xbox One’ or ‘Install on Xbox 360’
- The app will be successfully downloaded on the Xbox Consoles, and you can easily launch it from there
UPnP or DLNA
For this method to work, the user needs to download the Kodi app either on their smartphone or computer.
This method can also work if the user installs Kodi on Firestick or Raspberry Pi. Follow the steps below:
- Install the Kodi media player on a compatible device, and then open it
- Go to Kodi Settings, and select the option of ‘Service Settings’
- There will be an option to choose UPnP or DLNA; at the left side menu, make a choice
- Click on the option of ‘Share my Libraries’ and then toggle the button to the right
- Now, select the option of ‘Allow remote control via UPnP’ and enable it
- Open the Xbox One or Xbox 360 Console
- Run the media player
- The user would be able to see the Kodi app option on their console
Kodi is compatible with many devices, and the user who installs it will be able to enjoy many features.
Kodi lets the user organize their music collection so that they can make playlists and party mixes. Further, the user can stream many movies on Kodi or binge watch TV shows. The app keeps things to organize and clear, unlike other apps. This is also a good way to share photos on the big screen inside the home, and have a personal slide show with friends and family.
The reason why most Xbox One and Xbox 360 users like to watch movies on their consoles is due to the better viewing experience that they get. The video quality of both consoles is really good, and Kodi itself doesn’t have any problems like lag issues.
If someone already has an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, then they are less likely to buy a streaming device. They can just use the Kodi app, and run their movies on the console, without feeling the need to buy something better. Thus, download the Kodi app today, and then enjoy whatever content that you wish to see!
Read more: How to Get MXQ Pro 4K Firmware Update?