Last Updated on November 20, 2020 by uzma
WhatsApp is a messaging platform that helps to connect people from different parts of the world. Here I cover up how to send and receive money via WhatsApp?
WhatsApp has come out with a brand new feature now, and the users will now be able to receive and send payment via WhatsApp.
The users of WhatsApp will now be able to pay and receive money from other WhatsApp users.
WhatsApp is owned by Facebook and is a messaging app that has gained a lot of popularity. The application has been testing its payment service for over a year now, and they have finally launched the feature. The payment feature will be available for all the users, and the WhatsApp owners have approved the service.
However, the payment service will be available for all WhatsApp users. It is believed that a 30 percent cap will be charged on the total payment volumes and the third party payments can be made easily using the app.
WhatsApp has enabled users to pay and receive money using the service quickly. The feature is based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and will be facilitating the money transfer. If you are a WhatsApp user and you are anywhere globally, you can use the WhatsApp service to send and receive money.
This feature allows users to receive payments and money from their friends and family. The process is easy and straightforward and is easy to get payments from other users. Here’s how you can receive payments using WhatsApp.
How To Send and Receive Money Using WhatsApp?
To get started with the procedure and receive payments on WhatsApp, you will have linked your bank account and the WhatsApp payment service.
WhatsApp payment service works with your phone number, and the good news is that the service will work on all central banks in India.
If you don’t have a UPI account set up linked to your bank, it isn’t a problem because you can still use the payment option if you are a user of WhatsApp.
WhatsApp payments: How to set up your account?
- Step 1: Open the WhatsApp app and tap on the icon on the right side. The three-dotted icon is placed on the top right corner, and you will see it straight on your screen after taking a closer look.
- Step 2:Tap on the Payments option and then add a payment method. This will take you to a list of the names of the banks.
- Step 3: Select the bank’s name and choose the number that is linked with the bank. When it gets verified, tap on Verify via SMS, and you will receive an SMS soon. Ensure that the WhatsApp number you are using is the same one you are using for your bank account.
- Step 4: When the verification process is done, you have to finish the payment setting option. Set up a UPI pin and carry out the transactions just like you do on other payment apps.
Whatsapp Pay: How to receive or send money?
- You can start by opening the chat window of a person on Whatsapp and move towards the attachment icon.
- Please tap on the payment button and add the amount of money you are sending to the person.
- To complete the process of Payment, you need to enter a UPI PIN.
- When the transaction is complete, you will get a confirmation message.
How to send WhatsApp money via Android?
If you want to send WhatsApp money via Android, this is what you can do:
- To open the chat of that guy whom you are willing to send money to.
- Look for attaching then select Payment
- You can continue to verify the debit card information
- Entering the last six digits of your debit card number is highly important
- The user will have to pay the expiration date
- Setting up a UPI PIN is also important
- By getting an OTP (One Time Password), you need to pre-fill it well
- If it doesn’t happen, you will get an SMS that contains OTP on the phone
- Type the OTP under the section of entering OTP
- You can send another OTP to your phone by simply tapping the button of Resend OTP
- Create a UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- The next step is to enter it under SETUP UPI PIN and tap Submit.
- Once UPI Setup is complete, half the work is done.
- Now you can open the chat with and send money to the person you have to
- Attach and get ready to send the Payment
- Do add the amount as much as you would like to send to the receiver
- Enter the description to send this Payment and click complete.
Read more: Getting the Error during using the Snapchat?
How to send WhatsApp money via iPhone?
- The first step is to open the chat of the person who is receiving the money
- Tap Attach and then Payment
- You can click continue and verify your debit card information.
- Entering the last six digits of your debit card number and expiration date is essential.
- Set Up UPI PIN because without it sending money isn’t possible
- You will get an SMS containing an OTP (One Time Password)
- Attach and send the Payment by putting in the amount of money you need to send
- Enter the amount you will like to send
- Enter a description for Payment so Whatsapp can know the purpose
How to get WhatsApp payment?
If you want to send money on WhatsApp, it’s necessary to have a bank account or a personal debit card. WhatsApp will send the instructions required for banks that are also known as payment service providers.
They help to initiate the transfer of money via UPI between sender and receiver bank accounts. It is good news that Whatsapp is working with many leading banks. Everything will seem to be a convenient idea for the receiver and senders of money.