Last Updated on November 20, 2020 by uzma
Nothing is more annoying than a typo person on the internet. If you have accidentally written something which you would rather take back or you want to remove someone else’s comment which is left on your post.
What is Instagram?
Instagram which is commonly called IG or Insta is an American photo and video sharing social network service which is owned by Facebook, it was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and it is originally launched on iOS in the month of October 2010.
However, the android version was released in the month of April 2012, which was followed by a limited feature desktop interface in November 2012, a Fire OS app in June 2014, and an app for Windows 10 in Oct of 2016.
Its app offers the users to upload the media which can be edited with filters and organized by hashtags as well as geographical tagging.
Posts can also be shared publicly or with only pre-approved followers. The users can browse other users’ content by just tags and locations and view trending content.
Users can also like photos and follow each other to add their content to a feed, a feature which seems to be discontinued as of Sept 2020.
Instagram was basically different by just allowing the content to be framed in a square (1:1) aspect ratio with 640 pixels to match the display width of the iPhone at that time. But in 2015, these restrictions were lifted with an increase to 1080 pixels.
The service has also added messaging features as well, the ability to include multiple images or videos in a single post and, a Stories feature which is the same as its opposition Snapchat, which allows the users to post photos and videos to a chronological feed, with every post that is accessible by others for 24 hours only.
Instagram began its development in San Francisco as Burbn, a mobile check-in app that was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.
After realizing that Burbn was too same as Foursquare, Systrom and Krieger then focused their app on photo sharing, which then become a popular feature among the users of Burbn.
Then they renamed the app to INSTAGRAM.
Here how you can delete an Instagram comment on iPhone, Android, and also on the web.
Delete an Instagram Comment on iPhone and Android
You have to start by opening the Instagram app on your iPhone or on your Android and then you have to find the Instagram post which is in question.
- After you open the Instagram app, you will have to go to the Notifications section to find the recent comments which are left on your post.
- When you are viewing the post, tap on the Comments icon (which is shown as a speech bubble icon), to view every comment related to the post.
- Here, you will have to locate the comment (which may be your own or someone else’s) which you want to delete.
If you are using an iPhone, swipe left on the comment to reveal options.
- Then, tap on the Trash Can icon to delete that comment.
- If you are using an Android smartphone, then tap and hold on the comment to select it.
- Then, tap on the Trash Can icon which is located in the top toolbar to delete the comment.
- You will then see a banner situated at the top of the screen which informs you about the comment that it has been deleted.
If you change your mind, you still have few seconds to tap on the “Undo” button to restore that comment.
How to Delete an Instagram Comment Online?
Instagram site for desktop is getting better and better every day. If you are fond of using Instagram on your computer, then you will be delighted to know that you can easily delete the comments from here as well.
- Just open the Instagram website in your favorite browser, and then click on a post to expand that post.
- You will now see the Comments section located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Find the comment which you want to delete and hover over it. Then click on the “three-dot menu” button.
- Now from here, select the “delete” option.
- Then the comment will be instantaneously deleted from that post.