People who have just begun streaming might wonder about the quantity of the monitor required to stream.
Well, professional streamers can get more than one monitor but beginners can begin with just one monitor as well. It might be difficult to do that but it is not entirely impossible.
How to set up my stream with one monitor?
Setting up your stream with one monitor seems tricky but it is not impossible. With the steps mentioned below, you can easily set up your single monitor for streaming.
- Step 1: Go to the settings of your monitor. And navigate to the stream tab. There you will find the selections of streaming services to choose from. There will be options like Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, etc. you can select the one you want from the list.
- Step 2: Whatever streaming service you have chosen. Now you are supposed to connect the account of that streaming service. This is the way to use your streaming key. Which is required for streaming purposes. You can simply get your stream key by pressing on the option of ‘get stream key’. Once your stream key is generated. Simply copy it on the stream key space on OBS. Then click apply.
- Step 3: Now adjust the encoder based on your liking. And also adjust the bitrate according to the resolution.
How to set up the display?
Now follow the following steps to set up your display.
- Step 1: Navigate to the source option and click on the plus icon and simply add the display capture.
- Step 2: If you want to record your voice then add the audio input option.
- Step 3: Click on start streaming and you are good to go.
Common problems streamers face with a single monitor
As mentioned above, professional streamers use multiple devices for streaming purposes. But streaming is still possible with a single monitor but you might face some issues whiles doing it.
One of the problems of streaming on a single monitor is that when the views are typing on the chat box, it is very difficult to see the typing on a single monitor set up.
So if a streamer had multiple monitors he could have been able to see the typing of the viewer by opening the chat box on another monitor.
Similarly one of the other problems of a single monitor streaming is that it is difficult for the streamer to adjust their personal information one single monitor which sometimes do get leaked. So if they had multiple monitors they could have been able to adjust their personal information on the other monitor.
How do you resolve streaming issues that you face while using a single monitor?
To overcome the issues a streamer face in single monitor streaming as mentioned above is to utilize other devices like mobile phones.
With the help of mobile phones or tablets, they act as another monitor and you can do all those things mentioned above easily.
I hope I was able to answer your queries with my article.