We show you how to stream Xbox One Windows 10 to a local network and across the Internet.
One of the cool game features packed into Windows 10 is the Xbox app.
Stream Xbox One to PC without Xbox app
- Enables you to connect to your Xbox One console from a Windows 10 PC and stream games.
- This is useful when everybody else in the living room is watching a boring movie on the TV connected to your Xbox One, but you want to play Metro Exodus or Tom Clancy’s The Division 2.
So how does it work? In this guide, we show you how to download Xbox One Windows 10.
With Microsoft, you can “legally” stream your Xbox One console online as a PlayStation 4. As we have seen with the Sony console, online playback can present quality and delay issues, sometimes to the point of live streaming.
Online you are not worth the effort. That’s why Steam and Microsoft chose to lock the game stream on your local network.
However, there is a way to stream Xbox One to Windows 10 PCs across the Internet, but it needs to know how to access your router’s control panel and how to set up settings. We give those instructions at the end.
Use Ethernet or Wireless AC
- For best results, stream Xbox One to your entire network using a wired Ethernet connection.
- After all, not everyone wants to have Ethernet cables tied around the house, as it looks bad, or pulled on walls and corners.
- The good thing about all these cables is that you will not see performance immersion related to wireless connectivity.
If Ethernet is not an option, return to AC 5GHz wireless access point. The mesh network is good because of the way it builds a connecting garment as opposed to a standard channel that broad Streams in one place like a radio tower.
- The N 5GHz wireless connection also works, but you will see limited functionality using the 2.4GHz connection on any network.
- Microsoft also recommends using Power line adapters as an alternative to wireless connectivity.
- You need at least two units connected directly to the corners of your wall to create a network connection through an electrical system.
- One unit may connect to your modem or router via Ethernet cable while the other unit may connect to an Ethernet port on Xbox One.
Unfortunately, Power line technology relies heavily on wires and a home breaker box, so you may see better results using a wireless connection instead.
Finally, you can connect the Xbox One controller to your Windows 10 PC gaming remotely. You can also connect the headset to your Windows 10 PC and connect as usual with your Xbox One friends.
Stream Xbox One Windows 10
Let’s start our guide on how to stream Xbox One Windows 10!
- On the gamepad, click the Xbox key.
- Open the Settings panel by scrolling right and highlighting the “gear” symbol.
- Select Settings as shown above.
- Select Favorites in the next window.
- Select the Xbox application link from the list on the right panel.
- In the next window, enable live streaming of the game on other devices available under this Xbox.
- Enable Allow connection from any device or from only logged profiles in this Xbox setting under Other Devices.
You’re done on the console side. Now let’s move on to Windows 10.
Microsoft’s system software, Windows 10, is the most latest edition.
- Go here to get the Xbox app if you don’t already have it on your PC.
- Sign in to your Xbox Live account after the installation is complete.
- As indicated above, select the console icon on the left menu labeled Connection.
- The Xbox app will now look for your Xbox One console on your local network.
- As indicated above, select the console.
- If you have more than one Xbox One console on the network, rename the connection.
- Select Connect.