The tracking number allows you to track the delivery of a package as it is being shipped. In this post, I want to share an exect way to track a package without a tracking number?
If you are in a situation where you do not have a tracking number, many large package companies now have free tools that allow you to track your package online without any hassle.
To use these tools, you need to visit the company’s website and sign up for an account. Once you’ve created your account, it’s about finding the right package based on login and other shipping details.
Track a package without a tracking number
Register for UPS My Choice
- Here you are to check. My selection will allow you to track packages sent via UPS.
- Decide if you want a free membership or premium membership for 40 per year.
- Click the yellow “Continue” button below your desired membership.
- After coming to the registration page, fill in your details, and confirm your address.
- The free version of My Choice will allow you to track your packages without a tracking number.
- A premium subscription will allow you to change the recipient’s address and change the delivery date.
- Log on to here.
- Visit the UPS site and snap “Login” at the highest point of the page.
- Enter the details when you registered your account and click “Login”.
- Click the “Following” tab at the highest point of the page. Once logged in, you can view all pending packages by clicking on the “Tracking” tab at the top of the page.
- It will show you a list of all packages being sent and received via UPS to or from your address.
- UPS will link any packages to your account using your address so you can track them.
Find the package you want to track and click on the tracking number link. This will take you to a new page that will show you the details of where this last place was and where it is now.
- Sign up for an informed delivery on the USPS website.
- 2. Fill out the form with your personal information and address.
- 3. Creating an account will give you access to a variety of USPS tools, including online tracking for selected packages that you send or receive through USPS.
- 4. Sign in and go to your dashboard.
- Snap “Track and Management” at the highest point of the screen, at the point look to “My USPS”.
- This page is your dashboard and will contain a list of packages you have received or sent in the last 2 weeks.
- USPS will display any packages currently going to the address used to register your account or on this route.
- Click the package you want to track.
- Clicking on the package will reveal additional details, including where it is and the post office where the package was last.
- You can use your dashboard to keep track of a package, even if you do not have a tracking number or no tracking number with the package.
- If your package is lost, submit a search request. If a package has not been delivered within 7 days of the expected date, you can submit a search request and search for USPS for that package.
- Go here and click “Start your lost mail search”.
- You will need to provide the sender and recipient address, package size, and other identifying information.
- Sign up for the FedEx Delivery Manager.
- Go here.
- Fill out the form and sign up for the FedEx Delivery Manager account. You must provide your personal information and a valid address.
- To verify your identity you’ll need to enter personal details and answer security questions.
- Log in to the portal and find the package you want to track.
- Once you’ve signed up, visit here to sign in to the Delivery Manager and click “Login”.
- You will be directed to a portal that will allow you to track packages sent and received.
- Check under “Status” for this package to determine where you are.
- When you sign up for Delivery Manager, you can also change the time of day when shipment arrives or turn on delivery notifications.
- Be aware of the door tag number instead of using the delivery manager.
- The door tag number can be found on your shipment details/travelogue and usually starts with DT followed by 12 numbers.
- This number can be utilized as an option in contrast to your following number.
- Go to the tracking section of the page and type in the door tag number.
- If you are tracking your office within the United States, you can also provide another number to track your package, called the FedEx Office number.
- This number can also be found on your shipping trip like you can also track a package without a tracking number.
How to claim a lost package with USPS?
Sending packages by mail is a very simple and easy way to deliver items to your friends and family. However, sometimes packages are lost and can be difficult to recover.
Fortunately, you can file a claim and get your lost package back.
- Contact the package sender.
- To claim a lost package through the US Postal Service, the sender of the package must be an individual to file a claim.
- If you have not received the package, make sure the person who submitted the claim for the package.
- Find the tracking number.
- Tracking numbers in a package is the best way to find a lost package.
- By keeping a tracking number, you can combine the two numbers to quickly claim a lost package.
- Contact customer service. The postal service is ready to help its customers in all kinds of troubles.
- By calling customer service, agents will be able to help you claim your lost package.
- Check that you can file a claim.
- Some restrictions can be used to claim the loss of packages.
- Make sure you know that the postal service will allow you to claim your lost package.
- Keep track of online.
- After waiting to file a claim and claim your lost item, create an online account to track progress on your package.
- This account allows you to specify your package and see if it is received.
- Buy insurance before shipping your package. That way, if your package can’t be claimed, you can receive a refund for the package.
- Check that the package was shipped before you filed the claim.
This way you can be sure that it is important to file a claim for the lost package and that you will not cause any inconvenience to the postal service.
How to track a parcel without a number?
Parcel tracking, another word for wrapped or boxed package, determines the exact location of your shipment during the delivery process.
Some parcel services, such as the United Parcel Service, offer free tracking services, while others, such as the United States Post Office and FedEx, require an additional payment for information tracking.
Whatever service or delivery company you use, there are two common ways to track your package and verify its current location.
Visit the parcel service website you used to send your package to. General parcel services in the United States are US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
See the resources for links to these services on web pages.
- Be sure to follow the formatting instructions, and type your package tracking number into the search bar.
- Click “Search” on your keyboard or press “Enter” to display your package tracking information.
Automatic phone service
- Call the customer service line of the parcel service you used to send your package.
- The customer service number is found on your receipt, your tracking slip, or on the company’s website.
- Follow the automatic instructions and contact the option used to track the packages.
- Enter your tracking number, making sure to follow the automatic instructions to hear the current status of your package’s current tracking.
Successfully did, you now can track a package without a tracking number.