On this computer, you need to Update Discord and enjoy the latest functionalities. Notwithstanding the consistent development, Discord is as yet held by bugs. However, Discord not updating is one of those bugs that bother users.
If you don’t know how to Update Discord and looking for how to Update Discord, then you are in right place.
How to Update Discord? 5 Ways To Do It
We give you the following method to solve this problem, and discussed below and you will again do the stuff you previously used to do in Discord.
Method 1: Run as Administrator
Update Discord you must run the Discord app with administrator privileges.
- If your computer is on and the Discord app is opened, then closed and reboot the system.
- If the event that the Discord applications begin automatically, at that point likewise you should close it.
- Then check the system tray to ensure that the Discord app is not available there.
- If you have failed to close the app, then it will be visible in the system tray, So, right-click on the Discord icon and select ‘Quit Discord’ from the context menu.
- Then again confirm that you have closed the Discord app successfully.
- Then press ‘Ctrl, Shift, and Esc’ keys at the same time to open the Task Manager.
- Look at the Discord app in the list of processes displayed.
- If Discord is available in the Process list, then select it and click the button ‘End Task’.
- Now, exit the Task Manager window and right-click the Discord alternate way on your work area.
- Then select the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the list, and allow administrator privileges.
- The discord symbol is visible on your desktop, then press the Windows key or go to the Start menu.
- Find the Discord section in the popup menu and right-click on it.
- Then, select the “More” option and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Finally, the Discord app will start and install the update successfully.
Method 2: Disable Windows Defender
If you face a problem Update Discord using Windows 10, then sometimes it can be worth turning off Windows Defender. Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus system that users classified that can sometimes misclassify files as dangerous threats.
- First, you search the Cortana bar, and next to your Windows button, type and run “Setting”.
- Select “Update & Security” and then click “Windows Security” > Virus & Threat Protection > Manager Settings.
- Toggle the “Turn on real-time protection” off.
- Click on the “Save” button and exit the Setting Windows.
Method 3: Clean Reinstall Discord
In this step, we delete some unnecessary Discord file manually and perform a clean installation as stated underneath.
- Right-Click on the Discord icon in the system and select the option “Quit Discord” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager Window.
- If the Discord process is visible, then you select it and click on the “End Task” button.
- Presently, hold down the Windows key and press “R” to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to get the list of applications installed on your PC.
- Then search for Discord, select it, and tap on the “Uninstall” button.
- After that, open another Run application and type “%appdata%” in it, and click the “Enter” key to execute the command in the previous step.
- And then find out the Discord folder, and right-click on it, and select the “Delete” option.
- At that point click “OK” or “Yes” to confirm the action.
- After deleting Discord-related documents, download the Discord installer from the web.
- At that point, double-click on the downloaded document to run the installer and finish the process with on-screen guidelines.
Method 4: Rename Update File
- Open File Explorer and type %LocalAppData% in the search field. This should bring up the Local subfolder inside the hidden AppData folder.
- Then you must find the Updare.exe file in the Discord folder.
- Rename it to something else and then try to install it.
Method 5: Install to a Different Folder
Some people have reported a successful Discord update when installing to a different folder. It won’t hurt to try the same to see if it solves the issue.
- On your PC find the Discord folder and move it to another location.
- Start the update process and choose the new folder location when prompted to choose an install location by the install wizard.