In most cases, it is not possible to upgrade the laptop’s graphics card.
Well, if you surf the internet for this question then mostly you would get to know that many researchers deny this upgrading process by saying that it is not possible to change the graphics card on a laptop.
You, your friends, and many people may not know this fact, but you can indeed upgrade and change the graphics cards on your laptop and believe me, it is not even a hard job to do.
This is a secret that only a few people that are involved in the PC gaming community know of the fact that you actually upgrading a graphics card in a laptop into a greater and much powerful GPU.
Before we start with the actual procedure, let me tell you some facts and figures that you should consider before starting the procedure of changing the graphics card in a laptop.
- 1 Temper your expectation
- 1.1 Euroco P150EM
- 1.2 Genuine Upgrade
- 1.3 Upgrading the GPU on your Laptop
- 1.4 Can you connect a graphics card to a laptop?
- 1.5 Can I upgrade my Nvidia graphics card laptop?
- 1.6 Can a laptop have 2 graphics cards?
- 1.7 Is EGPU capable?
- 1.8 Can I replace Intel HD Graphics with Nvidia?
Temper your expectation
Many people get very excited at first just after they get to know this fact.
If you also are getting excited that you will get another few years out of this thin and light gaming laptop of yours just by upgrading the GPU on it, then take down these expectations off your mind.
Just because these upgrades are usually possible only for some big laptops made by only some particular manufactures.
Clevo is the most common and one of those manufactures whose laptops have the most possible chances for GPU upgrades.
Euroco P150EM is the laptop that many of the few people have used in their tests to upgrade a video card in a laptop.
I will try my best to share with you guys a procedure that you can perform and apply on most of the laptops as well.
When you will get to know about the physical part of this how-to replace a graphics card in a laptop procedure, you will see that it is fairly straightforward.
Like every other procedure, there are some things that you should check off and consider before you continue with the procedure.
First of all, you should browse the VGA showroom of Eurocom to see whether the company is selling an alternate Graphics Processing Unit for your laptop or not.
As you guys know that Eurocom supports the units from Clevo in addition to Alienware units. Suppose that you possibly find an alternate Graphics Processing Unit for your particular laptop, I recommend you to read the fine print first.
You may need a certain level of BIOS on the laptop for this procedure to work, as well as you may need a certain level of power brick too. AmazeInvent for more information you need.
Well, if you see that much to the agitation of Intel, there are a lot of gamers that I have seen who don’t need to stay with the fastest CPU if the only thing they want to do is play games and not much of anything else.
If you guys are concerned about the battery life of the laptop, or if you guys do a lot of video editing or video encoding then yes, you guys might need the latest, greatest, and one of the most powerful CPUs in the market right now.
Graphics Processing Unit Matters Massively In Terms of Gaming
As for the laptop that I mentioned before has the Nvidia GeForce GTX 675MX as its GPU. I won’t say the same for this GPU but it is good. GPUs are designed and integrated to enhance gaming performance on a particular laptop.
Greater the GPU, the greater the performance and gaming experience of that laptop.
This is why whenever a person is having issues with the gaming performance or gaming experiences such as encountering some lags or the game is just not running as smooth as you want, people think of upgrading their graphics processing unit on the particular device they do gaming on.
Let’s get onto the procedure now.
Upgrading the GPU on your Laptop
Follow the steps mentioned below as they are described:
- To shut down your laptop completely. Disconnect the power cable and then remove the battery pack. Also, remove any connected external devices.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver and open up the laptop as far as it will go.
- Locate and remove the Philips head screws that are securing the keyboard to your laptop frame. Lift your keyboard and place and turn it over. Disconnect the ribbon connector of a keyboard from the logic board of your laptop and then you will be able to remove the keyboard entirely.
- Disconnect the LCD video ribbon connector from the video card.
- Then you will have to remove the retaining screws that are securing the heat sink of your laptop to the logic board. Lift the heated skin carefully and put it aside.
- Remove the four screws that are securing the video card to the logic board of your laptop and then lift the old logic card out of your laptop and place it aside.
- Place and install the new video card by placing it in the video card compartment in your laptop and then replace and fit the four retaining screws that secure the video card on your laptop.
- Reassemble the laptop completely and carefully just the way you disassembled it to completely install the Graphics Processing Unit on your laptop.
- Insert the DVD that came with the new video card you bought and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the video card drivers on your laptop and make that new graphics card work.
Official support: Here
Can you connect a graphics card to a laptop?
An external GPU (or eGPU for short) is a dedicated box that connects an open PCIe slot, a desktop-style power supply, and a full-size graphics card that plugs into your laptop.
When you do this, you get gaming desktop power and connectivity without sacrificing the latest laptop designs.
Can I upgrade my Nvidia graphics card laptop?
Estimator No, it is not possible to upgrade the graphics card in the hp laptop. You can buy an external GPU, but in my opinion, it will not be worth it.
Your GPU should be able to handle most games and edits. If you download GPU-Z, you can check the VRAM of your graphics card, it should be either 2GB or 4GB, ie 2048.
Can a laptop have 2 graphics cards?
Some laptops have 2 graphics cards. They are usually made for 3D work, video or photo editing, and gaming.
Some laptops allow you to keep your GPU as long as it is compatible with the motherboard.
Is EGPU capable?
An AGPU can deliver 70 to 80 re of its maximum capacity compared to GPUs that are wired directly to the desktop or laptop’s motherboard.
However, an AGPU will not be ideal because the user will not be able to get the value of their money just for how much they spent on their GPU.
Can I replace Intel HD Graphics with Nvidia?
Note: Using NVIDIA’s dedicated graphics on integrated Intel graphics can shorten battery life.
Changes to NVIDIA graphics apply to application profiles. If an application does not have such a profile, you can manually assign a graphics card: Start and then click Control Panel.