Those who want to use the laptop as a monitor for Switch, love to play games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, or Animal Crossing New Horizons.
If you don’t have an HDMI capture card, then you can play the PC version of the best Nintendo Switch games on the laptop.
If you want to use Nintendo Switch on your laptop, then you are using the laptop’s monitor as a screen.
This way, you leave the Nintendo Switch in its dock, for the whole setup process.
Just follow the simple steps below:
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV, of the Nintendo Switch
- Plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI port of the capture card; the capture card used is Elgato HD60 HDMI. Make sure that the Nintendo Switch dock and laptop are charged because this whole process consumes power
- Open Game Capture HD on your laptop.
- When you press the Home button on the connected controller, the Nintendo Switch console will open
- There is a USB cable that comes with Elgato HD60; connect that with the capture card and the laptop
- A Nintendo Switch home screen will appear in front of you, in the Game Capture HD. However, in case the Elgato Game Capture HD software doesn’t detect the switch, then the HDMI is probably not plugged into the capture card properly
- Select fullscreen from the Game Capture HD menu, and the program will fill the whole screen
- At this point, make sure that you don’t touch the keyboard or the mouse
- The footage of the Nintendo Switch will fully expand on the screen
- You can easily play any Nintendo Switch game that you want on your laptop.
If you want to view media using any other device, then the above steps will still be helpful. The device should have an HDMI cable or an Xbox One Console.
Capture Cards used in Nintendo Switch
You can use the capture cards that have a USB-C connection, or an HDMI port. There are many capture cards that you can choose from; however, gamers know the quality of Elgato cards is really good.
Elgato cards are affordable, the build of the card is excellent, and it is easy to use as well.
You can use the Elgato HD60 HDMI capture card, because it is available at Amazon, and one can easily purchase it. The software of Elgato can be downloaded from its official website; it is free to use.
However, if you have another capture card, then the steps discussed above would still apply. Capture cards work in the same way; however, if there is another program that you want to use, then you can do so.
In case you don’t have an HDMI cable, but you still want to play Nintendo Switch games on a laptop, then you can play the PC version of Nintendo Switch games on the laptop.
The Nintendo Switch controllers are usually compatible with both laptops and PC, so the user doesn’t even have to learn any new controls. Actually, to use the laptop as a monitor HDMI Nintendo switch already getting the power from the supply.
If you want to play games that are available on Nintendo Switch, but you don’t have a capture card or an HDMI cable, then open Microsoft Store on Windows.
You can access many games on this platform, like Fortnite. If you have already started a game on Nintendo Switch, then you can easily continue it on your PC or laptop.
Another option that every user has access to, is an emulator. They can download the emulator on a laptop, and play any Switch game that they want to. However, emulators are not very stable most of the time, and the user experience of playing a game becomes poor.
Playing Nintendo Switch games on a big screen could be a lot of fun. Moreover, playing games on a big screen gives a different experience, and other players can enjoy such games as well.
The steps described in this article are pretty straightforward, and the players would be able to definitely connect their Switch with a laptop, and use it as a monitor.
The game quality and sound will become better, and the user would be able to notice details in games, that they couldn’t before. Just follow the guide given in this article, and enjoy!
Read more: How To Connect Two Airpods To One Device?