This is an article that will explain to you how to search for people by using their names or by using their Twitter usernames. You can do that either on a website or on the Twitter mobile app.
It also comes with information on searching for the people by using their email addresses. Or by their phone number.
You all must have heard about Twitter. Twitter is an American microblogging and social networking service. On Twitter, the users can post and interact with the messages that are “tweets”.
Either you want to find your friends on Twitter or the people that you just met. There are a couple of methods to find them without worrying about which device you have. You are able to access Twitter by using a desktop website or the Twitter app for Android or for iOS devices.
If you know the name of that person, or you have their Twitter username, here are the steps to search for them on Twitter:
- Firstly, log in to Twitter through a web browser or log in to your Twitter mobile app.
- Secondly, on the Twitter website, enter the person’s name or the username of that person. Or the account that you are looking for in the search box of Twitter and then select the name to view their Twitter page.
- Now, in the Twitter app, tap on the Magnifying glass. Then enter the name or the username of the person that you are looking for in the search box. After that then tap on the search result.
- Then, on the complete search result page, go to the “People” tab to shorten your results to just Twitter accounts that have your search term.
- When you find that person, select Follow that is beside their name. Or you may also select their result to view their Twitter account page also.
- Firstly, from any tab, just tap on the Menu button that is in the upper left corner.
- Now, tap on Settings and Privacy, and then go to Privacy and Safety.
- After that, scroll down until you find Discoverability and contacts, and tap on that option.
- Then, tap on “Sync address book contacts” to enable that option.
- Now after all of that, the Twitter app will then show you the Twitter accounts that are linked or associated with your contacts.