Every person wants to level up, both in life and also in games as well. Having the Pokemon Fire Red Gameshark cheat codes.
Ever since the release of the enhanced remake of Pokemon Fire Red, the players and Pokemon trainers all around the world have been trying to be the best in the game.
And as you can accomplish that in time and by hard work, you can also do it with shortcuts as well. That being said, these cheat codes and walkthroughs are to offer you an upper hand to advance a bit faster than the others.
What is Pokemon Fire Red?
Most of the major Pokemon fans know what Pokemon Go is, whereas Pokemon Fire Red is rather a more unclear video game.
Even though it might be recognizable to some of you, for those who are not so familiar with it, Pokemon Fire Red is an enhanced remake of the game which was released in 1996 which was titled Pokemon Red.
This game was developed by Game Freak and it was published by Nintendo and The Pokemon Company. It is compatible with the Game Boy Advance console.
Pokemon Fire Red is the third-gen of Pokemon v games, along with Pokemon Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, as well as Leaf Green. It has gained most of the positive reviews from critics after its release and it sold about a total of 12 million copies all around the world, which makes it a veritable commercial hit.
This game was basically released in the year 2004, Pokemon Fire Red is a rather old game. While some of the people still play it on their Game Boy Advance, other people do not have access to this handheld console anymore.
Fortunately, there are GBA emulators that are available for PC users to play it on PC. You can also play this game on you Android device with the help of the My Boy emulator. With this emulator, you can easily play Pokemon Fire Red.
The first cheats of Pokemon Fire Red which you should know about are how to upgrade your Pokedex.
As it is not exactly a straight-up cheat, but upgrading your Pokedex is more of a Pokemon Fire Red walkthrough.
- Now to do this, you should have already collected at least 60 Pokemon.
- In addition to that, you must have completed the story by this time.
- After that, go to the Professor in Pallet Town to get your hands on the National Pokedex.
- Now with this, you can visit the new locations and you can now have the ability to evolve your Pokemon (such as Golett evolution) into many more forms.
Upgrade your Trainer Cards
Apart from your Pokedex, this is another one of the Pokemon Fire Red cheats which you can use is to upgrade your trainer cards.
The best part about this is that you can do it up to a maximum of four times. All you have to do is complete these following tasks in any order you choose:
- Just finish the main story of Pokemon Fire Red.
- Get a score of 200 in the mini-games, Pokemon Jump, and Dodrio Berry Picking.
- Catch all of the Pokemon to complete the Kanto Pokedex (150 Pokemon).
- Complete all of the National Pokedex, apart from Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys.
Cheats by Using an Emulator
If you are playing this Pokemon Fire Red on a desktop or your laptop, it does not mean that you have no access to these Pokemon Fire Red cheats. Whereas, on the contrary, with the help of a GBA emulator, you can also use the GameShark and Action Replay codes.
There are two basic ways from which you can do this: by using the Visual Boy Advance and by using My Boy for the android devices.
Visual Boy Advance
To use the GameShark codes on your GBA emulator by using the Visual Boy Advance, just follow these easy steps:
- First of all, open the Visual Boy Advance emulator.
- Now, go to file and then open, and select the Pokemon Red ROM.
- Wait for the game to start.
- Inside the game, before pressing on start, select cheat > cheat list from the Visual BoyAdvance menu.
- Then choose GameShark.
- Enter the code for the cheat which you wish to complete and then choose OK.
- Now if you want to enter more than one code, you will then have to repeat the earlier two steps.
- After entering all of the codes which you want, then select OK again.
- Now you can play the game with having the cheat codes.
My Boy (Android)
While on the other hand, if you are playing this game on mobile by using your android device, there is no need to worry. With the My Boy emulator, you can make use of the GameShark and Action Replay Pokemon Fire Red cheats. Just follow these steps given below:
- Start the My Boy app.
- Load your Pokemon Fire Red ROM.
- Now from the top left corner of the screen, tap on the My Boy menu icon.
- Select the cheats > new cheat
- Tap on Chat name to enter the name of the cheat (you can also use any name or description here to identify which cheat this is, for instance, Faster leveling)
- Select Cheat code, enter the code, and then tap OK.
- From the top right corner of your screen, tap on the three-dot icon, and then choose Save.
- Now to add more cheats, just tap the add (plus) button again.
- You will now notice a checkmark on each of the cheats – this means they are enabled (you can choose which cheats to enable by tapping on them separately)
- Tap on the back button on your phone and you can now play the game on Android with the cheats on.
Just as in life, walking from one place to another can be very much bothering in the game. Fortunately, there are Pokemon Fire Red cheats for that too.
You can make use of warp codes to instantly teleport you to the location where you wish to go. All you have to do is input one of the codes and then go through the nearest door or entrance which you can find.
Read more: How to connect a laptop on a TV via HDMI?