If you’re one of the many gamers participating in Microsoft’s free monthly subscription service, you’ll want to know how to cancel your Xbox Game Pass.
The service will automatically renew even after the free or discount period has expired.
This means that the player’s credit card may be charged an unnecessary fee.
Here’s more information on how and when to cancel your Xbox Game Pass, and how to turn off auto-renewal.
How to Cancel Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Past Due
Players who cancel their Xbox Game Pass or disable the auto-renewal feature must use the official Xbox Support website.
Before we go any further, some restrictions are worth mentioning.
- First, users cannot cancel if their Xbox Game Pass is suspended or has a balance.
- The invoice has been paid and must be in good condition to be canceled.
- Second, prepaid subscriptions cannot be canceled.
- When the registration period ends, it will automatically expire.
To cancel, simply follow these steps:
- Go to your Microsoft Services and Subscriptions account page and sign in as needed.
- Find the corresponding subscription (Xbox Game Pass in this case).
- Select Payments and Invoices, then select Cancel.
- Select Confirm Cancellation to terminate the subscription. A confirmation email will be sent to the account owner’s email address.
Your free Xbox Game Pass subscription must be canceled within 30 days. If you do not cancel, your account will be automatically renewed.
If auto-renewal is allowed, your account will be extended for the entire subscription period and your user account will be charged. Fortunately, automatic updates don’t take much effort.
How to disable auto-renewal on Xbox Game Pass?
Assuming that the owner has purchased an Xbox Game Pass subscription for at least 30 days, you can disable automatic account renewal.
The process works as follows:
- Visit your Microsoft account page for services and subscriptions.
- Log in if necessary.
- Find the relevant subscription and select Payments and Invoices > Recurring Invoice Changes and Invalidations.
- Select Confirm Cancellation to disable automatic updates.
- A confirmation email will be sent.
It takes only a short time to cancel your Xbox Game Pass or disable auto-renewal.
Microsoft offers a two-month Xbox Game Pass for $ 2, so many new players may try this service. For those who do not intend to stay, at least it is not difficult to cancel the service.
Read more: How to Have No Name Among us?
Does Xbox Live cancel the cancellation of the game pass?
If it’s a regular game pass and not a clear game pass, it’s different from Live and you won’t lose Live if you cancel your game pass.
Canceling your Xbox Game Pass does not remove your Xbox Live subscription.
Can I cancel Microsoft 365 and get a refund?
You can also cancel your Office 365 subscription and get a refund proportional to the number of unused days between the cancellation date and the expiration of your Office 365 subscription.