It’s difficult to think that we live in a world where we technology that we don’t fully comprehend. At the very least, the majority of us. That isn’t to say that we can’t learn the fundamentals of our equipment. After all, the Internet has brought us to a position where the average Joe can learn all of this and more.
In the gaming sector, for example, where parts and devices might be expensive, it’s sometimes best to roll up our sleeves and work things out on our own, which is where Internet forums and blogs come in handy.
To begin, there are a few alternative methods for charging your PS4 controller. It will take two hours to fully charge a controller that does not have a battery.
How to Charge PS4 controller without PS4?
To get the most out of your PS4 controller’s battery, let it run out and then charge it completely.
- The Dualshock 4 controller for PlayStation 4 contains a micro-USB port that works with any micro-USB to 2.0/3.0 USB cable, allowing you to connect it to other devices like laptops and computers, as well as wall chargers. This does not, however, imply that every charger will be compatible.
- Connecting your PS4 controller to a PC, Mac, or laptop usually has no negative consequences. However, I would advise you to refrain from utilizing fast chargers.
- This is because, in order to charge smartphones, tablets, and laptops faster, these fast chargers will utilize higher voltage, which might potentially damage and burn up your PS4 controller.
- The PS4 controller supports 5V 800ma, which is the minimum amount of power required for proper operation. The amperage, or quantity of energy delivered over a given length of time, is the MA rating.
- This isn’t a major worry because the controller just draw the 800ma it needed.
The PS4 console’s output is 900ma, however, the controller only consumes as much as it needs to charge. However, you should keep an eye on the voltage to ensure it does not exceed 5V. Voltage is the amount of power the source, so exceeding the limit that the device to withstand might cause the equipment to burn.
What does all of this imply? That your controller can just fine as long as the charger you’re using doesn’t exceed 5V. The good news is that most Android phone chargers, including those from Samsung, should function as long as they’re inside that range of specifications.
Keep in mind, though, that being on the low end could be harmful, as older wall charger models offer lower-than-average voltage. So, if you use one of these chargers while playing while connected to the PS4, you risk wasting the same amount of energy that’s to charge the controller, prematurely draining the battery.
How to Charge a PS4 Controller Without Using a Charger?
There are a number of reasons why you might need to charge your controller without using the cord. Perhaps you misplaced the cable or require it for another purpose.
- It’s possible that you don’t like it. It’s hardly the most practical thing in the world to have a lot of cords sitting around, especially because the cable that comes with the console is usually rather short.
And, as we’ve previously discussed, relying on phone chargers may pose a risk to your controller, so you’ll want to go another approach. It’s a good way to charge your PS4 controller without needing to use a possibly hazardous charger. You can change region on PS4 and PS5.