Gift cards are sometimes the best gifts, yet other times they aren’t. You don’t have to worry; you can turn those gift cards into cash or something similar to cash, such as an Amazon gift card. Ben’s Bargains has provided some possibilities for converting your unused gift cards.
Make an Amazon gift card out of your Visa gift card
When you have a few Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Discover gift cards with a few dollars remaining on them, converting them will allow you to bank all of the balances on your Amazon account.
Go to your Amazon account page and add your gift card as a payment option.
- Check the card’s remaining balance (online or over the phone), then proceed to an Amazon eGift card page. Set the balance to the value of the eGift card and use your own email address as the receiver.
- Return to your Account page, select Gift Cards, and apply the gift card code (emailed to you) to your account balance.
- On a third-party gift card site, you can sell your gift card.
- CardPool, CardCash, Raise, and others are examples of these types of websites. When you sell the card, you’ll lose a percentage of its value, but you’ll have something more valuable if you weren’t planning on using it in the first place.
Cardpool: For $44.25 you can get a check or a $46.91 Amazon gift card. (You can also sell the gift card on the marketplace for a slightly greater price, but it will take a little longer.)
CardCash: For $43.50, you can get a cheque, direct deposit, or Paypal, or a $45.67 Amazon gift card.
Raise: Offers a $41.83 payout via cheque, direct deposit, or PayPal. (When the card sells on the site, this gets paid out.) Based on your price, it will sell faster, but your compensation may decrease.)
Make use of a gift card exchange website.
The sub-Reddit r/giftcardexchange/ is perhaps the most popular of these. You must educate yourself on trade guidelines and ensure that you are trading with a legitimate person.
Gift Cards can donate
You can donate gift cards to several charities regardless of the balance on the card.
- If you itemise your deductions, you can deduct them as a charitable donation.
- To see if this is an option, contact a local charity.
Use Craigslist or Facebook Groups to sell your gift card
- While selling a gift card in person isn’t the most convenient choice, you can usually earn a nice return.
- Make sure you meet in a public spot with access to Wi-Fi or LTE connection so you can check the card’s balance for them.
- It’s a simple method to generate quick money (without being stung by online fees) or barter for something else.
Here you can stream Amazon Prime on Android.