Microsoft DirectX 11 is also known as DX11. It is designed to create a Windows-based computer. DX11 is a group of application programming interfaces (API), used as a platform to run, and display various applications that are rich in multimedia, and gaming, such as full-color graphics, 3D animation, video, and rich audio.
- 1 Why do you need to uninstall it?
- 2 How can you uninstall it?
Why do you need to uninstall it?
There are many reasons to uninstall it, for examples, when your PC does not have enough space to run this program, or if the device has corrupted, or to upgrade the latest version of DirectX 11.
How can you uninstall it?
You can uninstall it through the following methods
Through Programs and Features.
The first option to remove DirectX 11 from your device is the Programs and Features. All the installed programs of your system present in the list of Programs and Features.
The following are the step of uninstalling.
- Go to the Start at the lower left of the desktop, then click on the Search programs and file the box, where you have to type uninstall a program, and then click on the result.
- Open the menu of WinX by the combination of Windows + X keys, and then click on the Programs and Features.
- Once a list obtains, search out DirectX 11 in this list, go to the DirectX 11 program, and then click on the Uninstall option that locates on above the list to initiate the uninstallation process.
- Verify that DirectX 11 will have uninstalled or not by checking
Uninstall DirectX 11 with its uninstaller.exe.
There is an executable file that found in DirectX 11 program folder, named uninstall.exe or uninst000.exe. So, you can direct uninstall this program through this file
Following are the steps to follow:
- First of all, you need to go to the installation folder of the DirectX 11 program.
- Where you have to find out a file named as uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.
- Finally, double click on the mouse will result in the display of a window, where you need to click on the uninstaller, and then follow the wizard to uninstall DirectX 11 program from your device.
- Verify the process by checking it.
Through the Uninstall of DirectX 11 by System Restore
System Restore utility can use to remove any unwanted and interfering programs, such as DirectX 11. It comes with the window operating system. It restores the system to its previous state without losing the personal data if you have created a system restore program before installing a program.
Following are the steps:
- First of all, you need to close all the programs and files that are already open.
- On the desktop of the device, right-click the mouse on the Computer icon, and then go to the Properties. As a result, the system window will display.
- Once the system window display, there will the option of System Protection on the left side of the System window. Click on this System Protection option.
- Now, click on the System Restore option, so the System Restore window will display as a result.
- Then select the “Choose a different restore point” option, and click on the Next option at the bottom of the tab.
- Now, you will find a list of dates and times, choose your desire date and time from the list, and then click on the Next.
- As a result of that, all the programs and drivers that had installed after the selected date and time may not work. So you need to be installed again.
- Afterward “Confirm your restore point” window will appear, then click on the Finish option.
- In the last, click on the Yes option to confirm again.