AirPods are Apple wireless Bluetooth headphones designed by Apple.
They were first released on September 7, 2016, with a second-generation released in March 2019.
These are Apple’s entry-level headphones, which are sold with the AirPods and AirPods Max.
Within two years, they became Apple’s most popular accessory.
How to check your AirPodsBattery?
Whether you’re trying to run or work, it’s essential to know the battery life of your AirPods. Quickly check your AirPods battery level from your iPad, iPhone, or Mac computer.
There is also a new iPhone home screen widget that constantly shows the battery level of each AirPods.
Here is how to check your AirPods battery level, with or without a charging case.
How to check AirPods battery without a case?
- AirPods battery level without a case, tap and hold a blank area on your iPhone or iPad home screen until the app starts shaking.
- Then press the plus sign in the upper left corner of the screen. In the end, select the batteries gadgets and tap Add Widget.
- Activate Bluetooth on your device. To do it, go to Settings. Make sure the Bluetooth and the slider at the top of the screen are green. And make sure your device is connected to the AirPods.
- Next, press and hold a blank area on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad. It will shake the app.
- Then press the plus sign in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then scroll down and select Battery.
- Next, select the size of the widget. Swipe left to choose between small square, long rectangle, and large square devices.
- Then tap Add Widget.
- Next, rearrange the widgets on the home screen. If you already have gadgets of the same size on your home screen, you can “stack” them by dragging them together.
- Alternatively, you can place the widget elsewhere on your home screen.
- Then click done. You will notice this small button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Finally, you can check the battery level of your AirPods without a case. The battery widget also shows the battery level when your AirPods are connected to another device.
- Suppose you want to check the battery level of each AirPod and the battery level of the AirPods case. Individually, put one AirPods in the case, then close the case and reopen it.
Read more: How to Connect Airpods to Macbook and iPhone?
How to check AirPods battery level on your Mac computer?
AirPods battery level on Mac:
- First, put the AirPods in the case and then close the lid.
- Then click on the Bluetooth logo in the upper right corner of the screen. It is an icon like an uppercase “B” with two lines behind it. If you don’t notice this symbol, click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of the screen and choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Bluetooth and select the check box next to show Bluetooth in the menu bar at the bottom of the window.
- Select AirPods from the list. If you overlook your AirPods in the list, close the case and press and hold the setup button on the case’s back until the lights on the front or inside of the case start blinking. Also, disconnect your AirPods from other devices.
- Next, open the lid of the AirPods case.
- Finally, you can see the battery level of your AirPods by name.
How long does the AirPods battery last?
On a single charge, 1st and 2nd generation AirPods typically last 5 hours. When listening to music and 3 hours talking on the phone.
AirPods pro battery life provides 4.5 hours of listening time and 3.4 hours of talk time on a single charge.
- Just charge your AirPods for 15 minutes, and you will get 3 hours of listening or talk time.
- With AirPods Pro, you will get an additional hour of talk or listening time with just five minutes of charging.
- Charge your AirPods or AirPods pro all day in the case for a total of up to 24 hours of listening time and 18 hours of talk time.
Now that you know how to check your AirPods battery life check out our step-by-step guide to find your AirPods when they are gone.
Read more: How To Connect Two Airpods To One Device?