Last Updated on February 25, 2021 by admin
Roku is a digital media player device that offers you the simplest way to streaming media content on your TV with a bundle of online entertainment services.
After connecting with the internet your Roku device delivers access to a lot of channels, includes the free ones and subscription basis.
How To Connect Roku to Wi-Fi Without Remote?
Hence, there are many reasons for you to obtain the Roku IP address.
In case, you have lost or damaged your Roku remote, there is a way to connect your Roku to Wi-Fi without the remote. You have to follow some essential steps.
Set Up Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote by Using Mobile Hotspot
- Firstly, the user is required to go to the Settings of the phone.
- Then tap on the option of Mobile Hotspot and to activate, click on the Setup Hotspot button.
- When the notification of the Mobile Data appears, click on Ok to confirm.
- Now add the WiFi network information.
- Additionally, you have to select the Security mode as WPA2 PSK.
- Finally activate the Mobile hotspot, when you saved it after creating it.
- If you are using an Android phone, launch your Google Play Store and if you are using an IOS device then open the iOS App Store.
- From here, you can download the Roku app on your phone.
- Once it is successfully installed, open the app, you can see the Remote icon which is located at the bottom of the screen, tap on it.
- Similar to the original hardware remote, your mobile will show a remote of the Roku.
- Now, through using the virtual remote layout keys which are displayed on your phone and you can connect the Roku app to the WiFi.
- Open the menu Settings of the Roku app and then find your Wi-Fi network.
- Once you find it, now enter the network password to continue.
- Then after connecting the internet to Roku you will be able to use it without a remote.
Set Up Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote by Connecting it Through Wi-Fi
Rather than using a mobile hotspot, you can connect your Roku device to Wi-Fi without a remote, consider the following guidelines below.
Before starting the process, you must make sure to have two mobile devices in your hand and there is an installed Roku app on both of the devices.
Moreover, check out the basic steps in the below section.
- Go to the Settings of your phone and select the Mobile Hotspot option. However, the settings depend on which smartphone you are currently using.
- Confirm the activation of the Mobile Data Usage by clicking on Ok.
- Now, enter the network security key, the SSID, and other Wi-Fi network information that is saved in your Roku device, and then click to continue.
- Also, make sure to save the settings, and then you can activate the Mobile Hotspot by tapping OK.
- Now take the second mobile phone and connect it to the Mobile Hotspot.
- Launch the Roku App on the second phone.
- Now, click on the Remote icon that is located at the base of the screen.
- And at this moment you have to switch on the Roku device and click on the Settings window for Network on it.
- To finish, turn off the Mobile Hotspot on the mobile.
- After that, choose to connect to the network used by Roku.
There are helpful guidelines you can follow to connect the Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote, but make sure you have a great internet connection