Last Updated on September 24, 2020 by admin
In case you want to configure the default homepage of your browser, this is what you use “content://com.android.browser.home/?”
The default browser in Android is Google Chrome, which can change the entire user experience.
If you have ever purchased an Android smartphone, then you know the excellent features that it has.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
There is a default homepage in your Android browser, and if you ever need to change it, then there are a few methods of doing so.
Follow the steps given below, as these steps work for most of the Android phones:
- Open the default Android web browser application, and then go to the Menu
- Click on the Settings, and then go down to the submenu, where you will find Android Browser Settings
- Tap on the General Settings
- Click on Set Homepage
- Enter the URL that you want to set as the default page
- Now, whenever you open the browser, you get to see your settings page.
If you are unable to see certain settings on your phone, then there is another way to go about it. Open the website that you want to set as your homepage, and then press the menu button.
- Bookmark the page, and then tap on the menu button again.
- Go to Bookmarks/History, and then tap on the website that you have spared.
- In the menu section, you will see the option of “set as homepage”; just tap on that.
- Each and every smartphone comes with a built in browser, but the user doesn’t necessarily have to use that.
For example, if the default browser for your phone is Chrome, but you want Firefox in it, then the default browser can be changed.
- Choose the browser that you use on the PC, and you can sync the data between the two devices, with the help of an email address.
- This means that the passwords you use for different websites, the bookmarks that you have set, and other warnings and notifications will sync with the smartphone.
- You can either get your favorite browser from Google Play Store or just Google a .apk file of the browser.
- This way, you can set up your own default browser, and a default website or webpage, as described below.
- This feature can be particularly helpful if you open the same page every day, to check on something.
For example, if you check up on stocks every morning or news from a particular website, then you can set it as default. This way, you won’t have to go through the same process of opening web pages every day.
When making choices between default browsers for your phone, consider the one that you really like. Read more: How To Tell If Someone Blocked You On Discord?
There are some features of Safari that users don’t like, while many consider Google Chrome to be very effective and efficient on a smartphone.
On the other hand, the browser that is installed on the PC, it is not necessary that the browser would function the same way when it is installed on your smartphone. So, choose wisely!