Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by admin
Discord is like a social space, where people with the same interests hang out, it could be gamers, people who like the same anime, or so on.
Here, people can share their fan art, and even argue about different things like television show plots, or novel plots.
When people discuss or argue, there is always going to be that one user who is going to start abusing the other.
For this, Discord has given users the chance to mute and block someone, so that the noise can be controlled.
- When someone gets blocked on Discord, they can no longer send the blocker a messages, or make any trouble.
- This is a very fair system, which allows the user to feel safe on Discord, and have a good time.
- If someone blocks you on Discord for any reason, you won’t receive a notification or an alert for it.
Discord is a social network, which gives people a chance to share ideas and interests, but understands that two people might have disagreements leading to blocking.
The reason why the person who gets blocked, doesn’t get a notification is that they would make another account or try to harass the same person through another platform.
There is still having one more problem that how do you know if someone deleted you on discord.
As there is no alert of someone being blocked, the blocked person might not know for a while. However, it doesn’t matter either way.
Read more: How to fix the Hulu error code p-ts207?
How to Know Someone Blocked You?
So, there are simple ways of knowing if someone has blocked you on Discord.
- Firstly, you won’t be able to see their name on your friend’s list anymore.
- When you open an old message from them, to which you want to reach, you won’t be able to do that anymore.
- If you try reacting to the message, then your screen will shake.
- This means that you are blocked, however, if you can still react to someone’s message, then you haven’t been blocked.
- If you think someone has blocked you, try sending a direct message to them.
- If the message successfully goes through, then you’re unblocked and still on their friend’s list.
- It doesn’t go through, then you are blocked.
Read more: How to Replace Kingroot with Supersu?
How to Block someone on Discord?
The problem that most users face is that, even if they block someone on Discord, that person is still able to see their posts.
They can’t, however, interact with them. If you want to block someone, then follow the steps below:
- Select the username of the person you want to block.
- Right, Click on it, or tap on it.
- Click on the Block option.
If you don’t want to block someone, but simply want to mute them, then choose the option of Defeat. The user will be there, but even if they say or do anything, you won’t be disturbed by it.
The way people react to other people’s opinions nowadays arises the need of such block and mute options and if someone blocked you on discord, do they appear offline.
There are people who think that what they are saying is the only right thing. However, they need to listen to other people’s opinions and stop being abusive.