Last Updated on September 5, 2020 by admin
Do you want to turn your Windows 7 into a Wi-Fi hotspot, without any software? It is very much possible, and convenient for others as well, who don’t have Wi-Fi.
You might have an Ethernet connection or a Wi-Fi USB might be connected to your laptop, which you wish to share with other people.
You don’t have to install software on your laptop for this, and this makes your system all the better.
The first thing that you need to find out is whether your system supports creating a hotspot or not.
- Most of the Windows 7 laptops have a built-in system called a wireless adapter, which helps in creating hotspot networks. However, it is always good to check first.
- Open the Command prompt on your Windows and type “netsh WLAN show drivers”, and hit enter.
- There are several options you will get the on-screen look for the option Hosted Network Supported, and if there is a “Yes” right next to it, then you can create a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 7.
Create a Hotspot without any Software
For this method, all you need to do is work with a command prompt, which is easily available on any Windows. Follow the steps below, to create a Wi-Fi hotspot:
- Open the command prompt by choosing the option of Run as administrator
- Next, you have to type in the following code, ““netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=yourwifiname key=yourwifipassword”
- After this, hit the Enter button
- Next, you need to type another code, which is, “netsch wlan start hostednetwork”, and then press enter again
- Now, the Wi-Fi hotspot system on your system has started
- Multiple devices can connect to the hotspot you have created
If you want to stop the Wi-Fi hotspot that you have created, then you simply have to write the “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” code in the command prompt.
It is not necessary that you remember the coding you need to use to create a hotspot.
This is why it is best to copy and paste this good to notepad. If you save the coding and name the file as mywifi.bat, then you just have to run this file as administrator next time, and not do anything else.
Now that a hotspot is created, it is time to use the internet.
To make sure that people get access to the internet through the hotspot you have created, go to Network Connections.
- Right-click on it, and then select the Properties option; now head to the Sharing tab, and check the first option that you under it.
- This option says “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”.
- You will see another option below; i.e.
- Home networking connection. When you click on it, a dropbox menu will open, and you need to choose the hotspot option created earlier and click on OK.
- Now you have created a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 7 or any other Windows, without any software.
People can now connect with your laptop’s hotspot, and they will be able to run the internet on their devices.
This method can be beneficial when students are working together in groups, and usually, only one person has a Wi-Fi connection.
Creating a hotspot is very easy, but people should save the coding and not rely on their memory much.
The coding is simple, and once a person saves it, they just have to run it as an administrator next time, instead of writing it again. So now, you can easily share your Wi-Fi with others, by creating a hotspot. Read more: How to Change Twitch Name Color?