Whenever you want to go back to a website, you bookmark it. It is not possible to remember every website’s address that you have visited or want to visit in the future.
Bookmarks are especially important for people, who make assignments and have to refer to research papers over and over.
How To Delete Bookmarks? ( Chrome, Firefox, Safari Mac)
In every browser, the user can find the bookmark option, and if there are too many unnecessary bookmarks, then they can be deleted very easily.
If you want to bookmark a page in Google Chrome, then while the webpage is open.
- Simply click on the star at the top.
- A box will ask you if you want to save the web page with the name of your choice.
The best part of having bookmarks on browsers is that you can easily arrange the important ones on the top of the bookmark bar and the others in the drop-down bookmark menu.
However, if you think that you no longer need to bookmark a page, then you can easily delete it.
Just follow the steps below to make it happen:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Click on Bookmarks, and then Bookmark Manager.
- Choose the bookmark that you want to delete, and then click on the three dots next to it.
- Click on the delete option.
- If you don’t want to click on the delete option, you can press the delete button on your keyboard
- You can also edit the bookmark’s details by choosing the three dots, and then select Edit from the drop-down menu
With the help of a bookmark manager on Google Chrome, you can organize bookmarks as well, like alphabetizing them.
- When you open the Bookmarks manager, then click on the folder that you want to organize.
- Click on Organize, and then choose the option of ‘reorder by the title’, the bookmarks will be listed in alphabetical order this way.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox as your default browser, then it is very simple to delete bookmarks from it.
- First, you need to open the page that you have bookmarked, and want to remove it.
- On the top right corner, you will see a star; just click on it. A small window will appear asking you if you want to edit the bookmark or ‘remove bookmark’; choose the second option.
If you want to delete more than one bookmark from Mozilla Firefox, then click on the Library button, which is on the toolbar.
- If you don’t see it, then click on the three horizontal lines, and then choose the option of Library.
- Click on the Bookmarks option, and then choose the option of ‘Show All Bookmarks’.
- In the left panel, click on the folder that you want to delete, hold the ctrl key, and select as many files as you want.
- Choose the ‘organize’ button, and then click on ‘Delete’.
- Open the Safari Mac app and click on the sidebar button that is in the toolbar.
- There, you will see the Bookmarks button.
- Control-click the webpage or website that you want to delete from the list, and then press delete.
Whether you are using a PC or smartphone, the method to delete bookmarks would remain the same. Bookmarks have many benefits, and users use this feature every day on their browsers.
- Firstly, browsers can help you open a website within seconds.
There are websites that we open every day, more than others, and we can add those websites to the bookmark toolbar.
Now, when you launch the browser, you can open those websites right away without any delay. Bookmarks can even help us remember if we have to do something important when we put that bookmark in the toolbar.
However, avoid making a clutter of bookmarks, because you won’t be able to find a website on time when you need to open it quickly.
This is where the Bookmarks manager comes in, and solves the problem of organizing bookmarks. If you like to have a list of bookmarks alphabetically, then there is an organized option in every browser, and the user won’t find any difficulty managing them. Bookmarks are easy to make and easy to organize; they are very helpful, and users must use them.
Read m ore: How To Use Snapchat Dark Mode?