Howdy! Xbox app is really good to use, available to download for PC by following the mentioned guide here. In this post, you will know more about Xbox app for Mac and how does it work on?
- 1 How To Download Xbox App for Mac?
- 2 How to use Xbox party chat on Mac?
- 3 How to change Gamertag on the Xbox app?
- 4 How to add friends on the Xbox app?
- 5 How to appear offline on the Xbox app?
How To Download Xbox App for Mac?
- Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
- Click on Command brief (Admin).
- Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
- Restart your PC and endeavor to filter again for Xbox app
How to get Xbox Live on Mac?
Microsoft’s Xbox app has still not made an appearance on Mac, while it’s currently available on iOS. Some regard this to be a tactical move by Microsoft to limit the functionalities Mac users can achieve without actually running a Windows 10 machine.
At E3 2016, Microsoft announced Xbox Play Anywhere, the integration of Xbox games with Microsoft’s one-of-a-kind PC operating system, Windows 10.
In case you’re hoping to run Xbox Live on your Mac through the Xbox app or want to play upcoming Xbox Play Anywhere games, you’ll need to get Windows 10. Here’s how to get your Mac setup.
How to get Xbox Live on Mac: Windows 10 on Mac?
As Microsoft has made it difficult for you to get the Xbox Live application on a Mac, you’ll have to get Windows 10 running on your Mac.
There are various ways of doing this, you can either run Windows 10 utilizing Boot Camp or VMWare.
This includes partitioning your Mac’s hard drive, with the goal that you can install Windows 10 on it, or have the operating system going through a virtual machine.
Given the reason for running the Xbox Live app, and potentially later on Xbox Live Anywhere, we would suggest installing Windows 10 on a separate partition, as such through Apple’s Boot Camp tool.
For a total guide, see our dedicated article: How to run Windows 10 on Mac. You will need to purchase or have a Windows 10 permit. Given that you may likewise need to play Xbox games using Xbox Play Anywhere, we would recommend getting Windows 10 over the past emphasis of Windows.
Read more: How To Uninstall Chromium Windows 10?
Once you’ve got Windows 10 running on your Mac, you can now continue following our guide.
Get Xbox Live and play Xbox games on Mac
- Once you’ve set up Windows 10 on your Mac, head into the Windows Store App, which can be found via searching for ‘App’ in the Start menu, found at the bottom left-hand corner.
- Once you’ve marked into the Windows Store App, search for ‘Xbox’ to be given various Xbox apps.
- You’ll have the alternative to see a devoted Xbox application.
- Download the application, and introduce it on your machine.
- Open the application and sign in to your Microsoft account you wish to use on Xbox Live.
- After you sign in, you’ll be given your Microsoft activity feed.
- Your feed might vary contingent upon how new you are to Xbox Live.
- Through the Xbox app, you can message your companions, check your achievements, and download games.
- Currently Xbox Live Anywhere isn’t available yet, yet it will soon be released to Windows 10 machines.
- You’ve set up your Mac with Windows 10 on Boot Camp and installed the Xbox app, you’ll have to wait until the compatible Xbox games become available on Windows 10.
- For example, Gears of War 4 will be discharged on 11 October 2016, which means it will be made accessible on both Xbox One and Windows 10 machines.
It ought to be noticed that if you want to play Xbox games on your Mac, you’ll most probably need decent Mac specs. This means, playing on a MacBook Air may confine you, though playing on a Mac Pro will empower you to play more games, given the Mac Pro’s particulars.
If you’ve got an Xbox One and might want to stream content to your Mac, where the feature enables your Xbox One to be used for its hardware ability, while you use your Mac’s monitor to play games.
The ability to stream Xbox One games was enabled by Microsoft, as individuals would not like to disturb their partner by keeping the main television screen in the household involved.
Read more: What is Msvcp140.dll? How To Use It?
- You can likewise utilize this element to remotely stream from anyplace on the planet, from Xbox One to Mac.
- Once more, to do this, you’ll be on a Windows 10 machine.
- When you’re on the working framework, follow our guide on our sister site, PC Advisor to arrange the stream.
How to use Xbox party chat on Mac?
Although the Xbox app is available on ios, it is not yet available on the mac. To use the app on your Mac, you need to install windows 10. To this, you will have to either make a partition on your Mac hard drive or run the OS through a virtual machine.
Other than that, your mac specs need to be good to run the Xbox app. The following steps will allow you to use Xbox app on your mac:
- Install Windows 10 and head to the Windows Store app
- Sign in to the Windows Store app
- Search for Xbox
- Download the application and sign in to your Xbox Live account that you wish to use
- After you sign in, you will be presented with your Microsoft activity feed
- Through the Xbox app, you will be able to use all Xbox features on your Mac device. This includes chatting with your friends as well.
How to change Gamertag on the Xbox app?
There are various ways through which you can change your Xbox Gamertag. The following steps will show you how you can change your Xbox Gamertag using the Xbox app:
- Open the Xbox app
- Click your profile picture at the top left corner of the application after which you will see your Xbox profile information
- Under your profile picture, click Customise
- Click change Gamertag and enter your new one. Keep in mind that you can change your Gamertag for free only once.
- If you have already used your free Gamertag change, you will have to go to the Change Gamertag Page on the official Microsoft website.
- Here you can choose a new Gamertag for which you will have to pay $9.99 (costs may vary)
Besides using the Xbox app, you can change your Gamertag by going to the Microsoft website.
How to add friends on the Xbox app?
Xbox allows you to add your friends to your profile so you can play with them. This is an excellent feature to stay in contact with people in different parts of the world.
The following steps will show you how you can add your friends using the Xbox app:
- Ask your friend for his Xbox live Gamertag
- Launch the Xbox console companion app
- In the find, people or clubs search bar, enter your friend's Gamertag and click search. Be careful while dealing with Gamertags since they are case sensitive
- Select Add friend to add the person to your game list
- To help your friend recognize you, you can share your real name with him.
- Select OK to finish.
You can choose what kind of information you want to share with your friend.
- You can do so by choosing Friend or Favourite
How to appear offline on the Xbox app?
There are several reasons why you might want to appear offline on the Xbox app such as you do not want anyone to invite you anymore. This question will help you how you can appear offline on the Xbox mobile app. Without further ado, let us get straight into it.
- Tap the rightmost icon in the bottom navigation bar to come to your profile screen
- Now, tap the button that says Appear Offline or Appear Online. Since the mobile app is different than the console, all you need is one tap between the two choices
- It should be noted that there is no do not disturb button on the mobile app.
- This should be done from the console itself.
- Other than that, the layout and interface might change over time.
Therefore, if you do not see Appear Offline or Appear Online options, check for wherever the profile is on the app