Xfinity stream is an online platform, where users can get movies and TV shows on demand. The app for Xfinity Stream is available on Apple Store, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore.
Some users who use this service, are facing the TVAPP-00100 error when they try to sign in.
Even those users who try to activate their account, face a similar problem. This issue most likely occurs when someone is using the Xfinity beta app.
How to Error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream?
There are many factors, which can lead to the error of TVAPP-00100:
- The first factor is a common router inconsistency, which can be caused by TCP/IP inconsistency.
- This usually happens in the presence of bad cached router data, and the only way to fix this problem is by rebooting the router.
- This action will force the device to initiate a connection, and if it doesn’t work out, then the user has to do a router reset.
- The second factor is the domain name address inconsistency.
- There are some common errors that people find in DNS inconsistency, which end up breaking the connection that is established with the Comcast server.
- If this is the main problem, then the user needs to flush their DNS configuration, and then renew the procedure; this would make the router assign new values, solving the problem.
The third one is the most common problem, and i.e. corrupted browser cache.
- When Error TVAPP-00100 happens, then the first thing that the customer is recommended by Comcast is to clear the browser cache.
- There could be some corrupted files in the browser’s cache, and if the user deletes them then the Xfinity Stream would start working again.
The fourth factor is proxy or VPN interference, which means that the user is using a VPN app or a proxy server, and the connection is not accepted by the Xfinity app.
In order to solve this problem, the only thing that the user can do is stop using a VPN or a proxy server.
Details of Fixing the Issue
Reset the Modem
To solve the TVAPP Xfinity app error, the first thing that the user should restart their modem or router.
- This problem usually occurs in those routers, which are low level, and don’t support unlimited bandwidth.
- This especially occurs in situations when more than 2-3 devices are connected with the same modem.
- If the user is facing a similar situation, then they should disconnect the useless devices first, and try to see if the problem is solved or not.
- If just one device is connected, then the user can try rebooting the modem to see if it starts working properly or not.
Some would prefer to reboot the router from its main settings because it is very effective.
Clear Browser Cache
Even though only some users have reported that this method is effective enough, but it should definitely be tried once.
- The user should go to their browser’s history and clear the cache because it could be responsible for the error.
- The only inconvenience that the user might face in this situation is that they would be logged out of websites that they are already logged in to.
- However, this could solve their problem Xfinity error problem, and they can start watching their favorite TV shows and movies again on demand.
Some users might have a VPN installed on their phones that they run to access the shows that are not available in their region.
However, this could easily impact the performance of the app, and it will stop performing and give the TVAPP 00100 error. Thus, the only way to solve it is to disable the app.
Read more: How To Fix Spotify Error Code 4 Windows 10?