Last Updated on September 5, 2020 by admin
Discord is mainly used for chatting about games or anime. It is a platform where gamers can log in, and talk with other gamers while they play.
On Discord, people are able to meet up, find other players who like the same game as they do, and socialize with each other. This chat app is similar to Skype, where people can interact through both voice chat and text.
On Discord, you can connect with other gamers, make friends, and create a platform where you are able to connect social networking websites with your Discord account. It is a fun place to be if you are interested in games or a topic that has a Discord group.
Stuck on the Main Screen
Sometimes, Discord users face problems like being stuck on the main screen. If such a problem persists, then the following are the steps that you can take to rectify the situation:
- Make sure that the date and time on Discord are set on automatic
- Scan the computer by using Malwarebytes
- If there are any threats, then clear them
- Restart your PC
- Relaunch Discord
- Next, you need to make sure that your firewall settings are set in a way that, they allow Discord to connect
- Go to proxy settings
- Make sure that no proxies are enabled
- Open Windows, Control Panel, and then choose Network and Internet
- Go to Internet Options
- Click on Connections, then LAN Settings, and when you see the option of “Use a Proxy”, uncheck it
- If you are using Mac, then open System Preferences, Network, and choose the ‘Advanced’ option
- After that, choose Proxies, and make sure that there are no proxies enabled
When you have adjusted these settings, you won’t face any problems anymore. However, if the problem still persists, then check your console for errors.
Voice Connection Errors
Even though voice connection errors are frustrating, you can still solve them on your own.
There are three types of errors:
- ICE checking
- No Route
- Stuck RTC Connecting.
Even though the errors are different, they have the same technical issue. The technical issue is that Discord stops, and it doesn’t connect to a voice-over. Following are some of the steps that you can follow if you want to connect with your friends:
- Restart your Modem and PC; the turnoff and turn on step works most of the time
- Check your Firewall or Antivirus program, and make sure that Discord is not blocked or disabled
- Now, check your VPN, as Discord only works on that VPN, which have a UDP
- If the problem still persists, then check the network administration; in case you are working in an office, or using a PC in school, Discord might be blocked
- Change the region of the voice, and try a different one; you can access this setting by going to the Server Settings and then Server region
- Disable QoS; you will find this option in the User Settings, where you need to choose Voice & Video
- Turn off the option of “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority”
- After that, go to this website, this, and then see if there are any errors
If these options don’t work, then bring up your Developer Tools by pressing Ctrl+Shift+i.
Choose the Console Tab from the developer tools, and then send a screenshot to the customer service team of Discord. They will look into the matter and will further advise you on what you should do to rectify the situation. Read more: What Is a DVD-RW Drive?