The ‘verifying update’ incident happens, when you are installing the latest iOS update.
Instead of the whole process going smoothly, the iPhone gets stuck on this error message. You wait for it to go away, but nothing happens even if a lot of time has passed away.
How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update?
Verifying Update Message
Many users wonder how long should the ‘verifying update’ message lasts so that they know when to worry. However, the update is different for each iPhone; some iPhone might take a few seconds, while other would take a few seconds to verify an update. There are several factors on which a verification depends.
However, if the update takes about 15 minutes, then it is a cause for concern. This means that something has gone wrong, and the problem needs to be fixed.
Reliable Wi-Fi Network
The first thing that you need to check, is whether you have a stable Wi-Fi connection or not. An iOS update would need a good Wi-Fi connection, and if the iPhone isn’t connected to one, then it will surely take time.
If you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection, but want to update the iOS right away, then you can use cellular data, but it will use a lot of it.
Hard Reset the Phone
Another solution for this problem is for you to reset the iPhone. If you are using iPhone 6, then follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the power button, along with the home button
- Release the buttons when the Apple logo appears on the screen
- This will reset the iPhone because the ‘verifying update’ incident could happen due to a software crash.
- If you have an iPhone 7 or 8, then follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the power button, and the volume down button
- Release when the Apple logo appears on the screen
- If you need more help, then you can surely find a tutorial on YouTube for a hard reset of the phone.
Deleting the Update of iOS
The next thing that you can do, if the above methods don’t work or you find them difficult, is to delete the iOS update and then give the download another try.
- Go to iPhone, tap on General, and then iPhone storage.
- Tap on the software update, and you will see it in the list of apps.
- You can tap on the ‘Delete Update’ button, and try downloading the software update again.
- When the download starts, it is very much likely that the iPhone won’t be stuck on verifying updates again.
Read more: How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop?
Not many of you might have heard of DFU, but it can be very helpful in case your iPhone is stuck on the ‘verifying update’ message.
- When you perform a DFU restore, then you can eliminate the problems in the software, as DFU reloads the code on the iPhone.
- If you don’t know how to DFU an iPhone, then look for a video tutorial, so that it is easily understandable.
The user can restore their phone using iTunes as well. If the device is stuck on the ‘verifying update’ message, then you can restore the phone with the help of iTunes as well. Connect the iPhone to the laptop or PC, but make sure that the cable is an approved one.
Launch iTunes, and then back up the iPhone, so you won’t lose any data. When you click on the Device button, choose the Summary tab and then to Restore the iPhone tab.
This whole process will take some time, and when it is done, go through different versions of the data that you have backed up, and find out the one that you need.
Now, try downloading the iOS download again, and you will surely face this problem again. Try this one: here