League of Legends is one of the most popular Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) games online, and it is loved by games all around the world, but the windows users sometimes are dishearted with the developers due to a problem they are facing.
So if you too are facing the same problem then you probably are looking for solutions. Therefore in this guide, we have provided solutions that you can follow and implement to solve the League client not opening in a Windows system.
- 1 Method 1: Run the game as an administrator
- 2 Method 2: Run the Game from Installation Directory
- 3 Method 3: Repair the game
- 4 Method 4: Disable All Running League of Legends Processes
- 5 Method 5: Change user. cfg and delete LeagueClient.exe
- 6 Method 6: Allow League of Legends Through Windows Firewall
- 7 Method 7: Reinstall League of Legends
Method 1: Run the game as an administrator
Many times the game will available raise an advantage to run. If it is not being run as an administrator then there’s a possibility that these issues can occur.
- First, go to the game installation folder.
- Then right-click on the “lol.launcher.exe” and select “Properties”.
- Now click on the “Compatibility” tab and check out the “Run as Administrator” box.
- Click on “Apply”.
- Then “OK”
Method 2: Run the Game from Installation Directory
If League users didn’t open when double-clicking the shortcut on the desktop menu, you can the main executable file find in the installation folder to try accessing this game.
- First, open in File Explorer, and then go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends.
- Now double-click LeagueClient.exe and see if LOL can open properly.
- And choose Run as Administrator.
- If the game can run without any problem, it indicates that the shortcut is corrupted and the reason for League not opening.
- At that point, you can make another shortcut and this post.
Method 3: Repair the game
If the issue is the reason for missing or corrupted game files then you will need to begin a repair.
- Go to the game installation folder and then run the “lol.launcher.admin” executable.
- Now click on the cogwheel icon and select the “Initialize Full Repair”.
- Wait while the launcher verifies the game files.
Method 4: Disable All Running League of Legends Processes
According to clients, League of Legends not opening can be caused by a few processes that are running in the background stopping the main game process. To fix this issue, you can disable all the running LOL processes from Task Manager.
- On the computer, you open Task Manager.
- Then go to the Process option, and choose League of Legends (32 bit) and click End task.
- Restart LOL and see if it can launch.
Method 5: Change user. cfg and delete LeagueClient.exe
Sometimes it creates an issue with the user.cfg file, League of Legends won’t launch or open in Windows 10. Then to fix the problem, you can make some adjustments in the League of Legends users.
- Go to your League of Legends default and install folder > go to RADSsystem.
- Right-click the user.cfg file and open with Notepad.
- Change leaguaClientOptin = yes to leagueClientOptln=no.
- Save and launch League of Legends again.
- Once it opens, go back to your LOL folder > delete the LeagueClient.exe file.
- Save and go to your League install directory and run lol.launcher.exe.
- On the off chance lol still won’t launch, try using the launcher called “lol.launcher.adminexe” all things considered.
Method 6: Allow League of Legends Through Windows Firewall
On the computer, if the Windows Firewall may block League from opening. Then to fix this issue, you can allow the ga,e through Firewall.
- Click on the start button menu, and click on the option control panel.
- When the control panel opens, click on the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then click on the option Change settings and tick the box of League of Legends.
Method 7: Reinstall League of Legends
If you didn’t solutions to solve the League of Legends users not opening issue, then you can select to uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Open the start menu bar and click on the Control panel option.
- You can press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- When the dialog box open in which type “control panel” and click the Enter button.
- At that point navigate to the Uninstall a Program choice, under the Program section.
- There find the League of Legends game, right-click on it, and select the Uninstall option to remove it from the system.
- Then the game is removed, restart the system.
- Open a browser and go to the official website of League of Legends.
- Then download the installation file from the website.
- Reinstall the game in your Windows 10 system.
Read more: How to Clear VRChat Cache And Playerprefs?