VLC Media Player is one of the most famous media players on most of the platforms that include Windows and Linux. In this post, we are going to talk about Blu-Ray Disk need Library for AACS Decoding. Let’s begin!
A few Windows clients are getting the “This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding” error when trying to play a Blu-ray disk via the VLC media player.
The issue is not specific to a certain Windows version as it’s reported to occur on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Likewise, the error message has been reported to show up on different VLC builds.
- 1 How do I fix the Blu-ray Disc AACS Decoding VLC error?
How do I fix the Blu-ray Disc AACS Decoding VLC error?
1. Add libraries files to AACS
A couple of users that we’re encountering the same “This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding” error has managed to get VLC to play Blu-ray disks by adding some library files required by the AACs.
The method is very direct generally. You should have no trouble correcting the issue as long as you follow the instructions presented below in the letter. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, you visit this link.
- Then type in the URL in the address bar and click the enter button.
- Now You may see a warning that appears the website does not have an SSL certificate.
- Tap on the continue link if you want to proceed.
- Under Keys Database, tap on the get the file link.
- It will then download the KeyDB.cfg file.
- Next, under the AACS Dynamic Library area, click on that file hyperlink related to your VLC Media Player version.
- When downloaded, then copy on the KEYDB.cfg file.
- Now Click on the Windows Key + R to open Run.
- And then Type %Appdata% and click the OK button.
- In the Roaming folder, press the New folder icon on top.
- Now name the folder as AACS.
- Open the newly created AACS folder and then paste the KEYDB.cfg file copied in step 5.
1) Add libaacs.dll to VLC installation folder | AACS decoding
- Presently, open the download folder and then copy the libaacs.dll document to your clipboard.
- Presently, open File Explorer and then navigate to the following location:
- Then paste the copied libaacs.dll file inside the VLC folder.
- At the point when you do that, launch VLC Media Player and have a go at try playing the Blu-ray disc that was triggering the Blu-ray disc that has a library for AACS decoding error previously.
How do I play encrypted Blu Ray?
- Download VLC Media Player. Download the latest version of VLC here and install it on your Windows.
- Use Keys Database and AACS Dynamic Library.
- Place the Keys Database File.
- Place the AACS Dynamic Library File.
- Play Blu-ray disc on Windows with VLC.
How do I watch Blu-ray on my PC?
The solitary authoritatively upheld to play Blu-rays on Windows is to, as you state, utilize a commercial program like CyberLink PowerDVD.
Usually, this retails for around $50. In any case, if your PC came with a Blu-ray drive, you should as of now have a type of Blu-ray-capable software on your PC.
How do I play Blu Ray on VLC?
Then paste or drag and drop AACS Dynamic library file in this folder.
- Run VLC and click on Media and then click on the Open Media option.
- Click on “Disk” and check the “Blu-ray” choice in the popup, at that point click on the Play button.
- Now your Blu-ray movie will start playing in VLC.
Can smart TVs play Blu Ray?
You already have a high-speed Internet connection, adding a Digital Media Player or a Blu-ray disc player with a streaming content highlight will convert almost any legacy HDTV into a Smart TV, enabling instant viewing of TV programs and movies from services, for example, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and Vudu.
Does VLC play Blu Ray Windows 10?
Skip to the bottom. Microsoft’s player doesn’t support Blu-rays.) VideoLAN’s VLC desktop software, an open-source (read: free to use) media player that includes support for DVD media.
Try not to waste time with the VLC app in the Windows Store, which is a different version that does not support DVD playback.
Read more: How to Fix Video TDR Failure Error?