Updated on May 7th, 2022
Last updated: May 7, 2022
Amazon devices only allow you to download apps from Amazon by default. However, with a little effort to get Google Play On Kindle.
You can install Google Play on Kindle Fire to rapidly increase Apple’s numbers. The process varies slightly depending on which version of the Amazon tablet you are using.
Kindle Fire tablets from Amazon are considered the best and cheapest Android tablets around.
Kindle Fire Tablet
This Kindle Fire from Amazon is built with the purpose to find and consume digital media for you, such as books, movies, TV shows, music, magazines, applications, and the web as well.
If you compare Kindle Fire to an iPad, the Kindle Fire is more limited in its capabilities, but in the areas of purpose I have mentioned in the upper paragraph, Kindle Fire holds its position and recognition in a very positive manner.
In this article, I will be showing you that if you put in a little effort, you can install and use Google Play Store on a Kindle Fire and download as many apps on your Kindle Fire tablet as you want.
Though this process depends on which version of the Kindle Fire tablet from Amazon you guys are using.
I need to tell you a good fact about these Fire Tablets from Amazon the Fire OS of these Fire Tablets is based on Android.
This means that you can install Google Play Store and have access to every Android app through the Google Play Store including Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Maps, Hangouts, and all the applications available in the Google Play Store which number over one million approximately.
NOTE: I should tell you that downloading and installing applications out of the Amazon store on Kindle Fire can expose your tablet to viruses, bugs, and malware.
That is why before you proceed with this procedure, you should download and install a good security application on your Amazon tablet.
I am now going to provide you with the procedure which you can apply to download and install Google Play on a Kindle Fire Tablet. If it will not work fine you can also contact us.
How to Install Google Play on a Kindle Fire Tablet?
- First of all, you should check which version of Fire OS your Kindle Fire tablet is running.
To check the Fire OS version, go to Settings, then Device Options and then go System Updates. There you will be able to see the Fire OS version of your Kindle Fire Tablet.
If your Kindle Fire Tablet runs the Fire OS 18.104.22.168 or the latest versions, you can install Google Play without even the need of rooting your Kindle Fire tablet, but you will need to download and install some APK files to have access to Google Play on your Kindle Fire.
Here we go
Follow these below-mentioned steps just as I have described them.
- On your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, go to Settings, and then locate and open Security & Privacy option. On the page of Security & Privacy, tap on the option which says “Apps from Unknown Sources” to enable it.
- After enabling the “Unknown Sources” option, open any web browser on your Kindle Fire tablet and download the following files on your tablet from a trusted and legit website.
- Google Account Manager APK
- Its Framework APK
- Google Play Services APK 22.214.171.124 (230). If you have a 2017 Fire HD 8 Tablet then you will have to download Google Play Services APK 126.96.36.199 (240) instead.
- Google Play Store APK
- Download the APK version of every file that I have mentioned in the previous step.
- If a warning sign pops up on your screen when you click on the Download button.
- Just tap OK to start downloading that file.
- Once you have downloaded all four above-mentioned necessary files, close the web browser on your Kindle Fire and then open the Docs app from your Home Screen.
- Go to the option of “Local Storage” and then click on Downloads.
- Tap on the APK files that you have downloaded to install them. You are to install these files in this below mentioned specified order for Google Play to install properly on your Kindle Fire:
- First, Google Account Manager APK.
- Second, Its Framework APK.
- Third, Google Play Services APK.
- Fourth and final, Google Play Store APK.
- After installing all these files in the specified order, the Google Play app icon should now appear on the home screen of your Kindle Fire tablet. Tap on this Google Play icon to open the Google Play Store.
Launching Google Play on your Kindle Fire Tablet
When you will launch Google Play on your Kindle Fire tablet for the first time, you will be asked to sign in to your Google account to have access to Google Play services.
After signing in, you might have to wait for some moment that the Google Play app will take to update the application to the latest version, and then it will function properly. Some apps might require to be updated further to perform properly.
You will be able to use the Google Play application just the way you do it on an Android device. You will be able to search and download applications just the same as you would do on an Android device.
This was the procedure I had for you guys. If you perform the steps and procedures I have mentioned above in this article, you will easily download and install the Google Play app on your Kindle Fire tablet.
Can you download Google Play on Kindle?
Installing the entire Google Play Store is a great way to get long-term Android apps on your Kindle tablet.
You don’t have to download them one at a time, and whenever you need to install them, you can just open the store and grab it.
You’ll also find Google Play services, which means more apps will work with it.
Can I get Google Play Store on Amazon Fire Tablet?
Amazon’s Fire Tablet usually limits you to the Amazon App Store. But the Fire Tablet runs Fire OS, which is based on Android.
You can install the Google Play Store and access every Android app, including over a million apps in Gmail, Chrome, Google Maps, Hangouts, and Google Play.
Is the Google Play Store app free?
Best choice for Android users!
With the Google Play Store, you can easily download free Android games, apps, and music to your phone.
Since it serves as a full-fledged entertainment hub, you don’t have to look for another app market.
How do you download apps on Fire 7 Kids?
In the adult profile, turn to Amazon Apps and find the app or game of your choice, download and install it.
Open the Fire app for kids, and open the profile of the child you want to access.
Tap “Add Content” and then select a category, such as Games and Apps, and select the apps that allow you to view your child.