Last Updated on June 7, 2020 by admin
As we all have witnessed the evolution of the mobile phone, you would have noticed that our smartphone cameras are getting better and better, store your photos online with greater megapixels and higher resolution in every upcoming version.
So with the camera and image quality better, our urge to click more and more pictures is increasing every day too. For sure, you will end up filling up your smart phone’s internal storage with thousands of photos and videos.
There are plenty of sites and cloud services that allow you to save your photos and also share them with your friends and family or even the whole internet.
- 1 Platforms to Store Your Photos Online
- 1.1 Imgur
- 1.2 Dropbox
- 1.3 TinyPic
- 1.4 Flickr
- 1.5 SmugMug
- 1.6 Use
- 1.7 500px
- 1.8 PostImage
- 1.9 Free Image Hosting.net
- 1.10 Image Shack
- 1.11 Image Venue
- 1.12 What’s the best way to back up photos?
- 1.13 How can I save my photos forever?
- 1.14 What is the most secure way to save digital photos?
- 1.15 Where do you save thousands of photos?
- 1.16 Is it better to store photos on a CD or glimmer drive?
Platforms to Store Your Photos Online
Some of these sites even allow you to sell your edited pictures or more accurately called your photographic art.
Choosing the best image hosting site for yourself depends upon how many of your photos you would like to upload, how much time do you have to spend to upload the pictures, and the reason you want your images to be uploaded.
With so many images hosting sites you should know which ones are worth trying and which ones you should be avoided, so here is a list of all of the best image hosting cloud services compiled just for you.
You would not have to worry about your pictures getting expired, as Imgur allows you to store a countless number of images. The cool thing about Imgur is that you do not need to create an account for uploading the photos, you can do all the things.
But still allows you to create a free account to create your cool albums and add aesthetic captions and upload images through email attachments.
It also enables you to link your photos directly and provides you with a link for each of your pictures to post them on different platforms or embed them in HTML.
To upload your pictures to Imgur, post the photo you want to upload on the Imgur website, or you can also enter the image’s URL, or select a model from your PC.
You will find plenty of apps that are available on the Web Photos Online that will provide you a helping hand to upload your images from desktop computers and other devices to Imgur easily.
You can upload JPG, JPEG, PNG, APNG, TIF, GIF, Animated GIF TIFF, BMP, PDF, and CXF filename formats to Imgur. Non-animated files up to 20 MB and GIFs up to 200 MB are supported by Photos Online site.
For Reddit, Imgur is said to be the most famous image hosting site, as it allows you to upload pictures swiftly and effortlessly. It will enable you to share photos by the generated embed code or URL.
It is one of the most highly rated images hosting sites as you can share with the help of it on almost every social media platform.
- Imgur will now require phone verification so your photos will stay safe and can be accessed only by you if you want to keep them private.
- It supports all types of file formats to be uploaded.
- It is a popular image hosting service for Reddit.
- This one also provides you with a distinct URL or link for each of your photos.
- Your photos can also be uploaded on other social media sites.
Dropbox allows you to upload and store many types of file formats, including photos. It’s a free cloud storage provider that provides you with shareable links to individual files or folders.
As in Google photos, it also provides you with an automatic backup, Photos Online could be a crucial feature for you, most importantly when you are planning to upload most of your pictures in your smart phone’s gallery.
It does not alter or edit the size of your photos, so your images are stored as they were in the original size. Photos can also be synced to a Dropbox on your desktop.
To manage your images, you can create folders or sub-galleries on either of your mobile devices, whether it is your computer or your smartphone.
To share your photo, copy and paste the photo’s link wherever you want to share it.
Contacts can also be imported from your phones so you can email them the relationship of the images or either your entire gallery. People can even download your photos only if you allow them to do so.
You will be offered around 3 GB of storage by Dropbox. It is still an excellent option where you can store your photos, though it does not feature the editing tools it is always great to use if you want your photos original and unaltered.
- You can take the photos back that you’re accidentally deleted.
- Dropbox recently added a “Recents” link, Photos Online is where you’ll find any recent document that’s been synced to Dropbox.
- You can open files directly from your computer from the web interface.
- You can edit your files without downloading them.
As PhotoBucket possesses TinyPic, so it owns almost the features as PhotoBucket does. You can instantly upload and share your photos as you do not need to make an account on it first.
To upload your photos, select your image, choose the size you want it to be, you can also tags if you like to. You will also e provided with the link of your photo so you will be able to share it anywhere you want.
TinyPic supports JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP files. The file size limit is 100 MB, and you can upload videos up to five minutes long. One image will be uploaded at one time, and can not be larger than 16k pixels if it is then the site will resize it on its own.
The images will be deleted after 90 days if not viewed, but it could be a good option for quick sharing of your photos through email or social media.
- You can upload pictures in almost every format.
- Images larger than 1600 pixels can not be uploaded and will be resized.
- Tags can be added in photos, Photos Online helps you search for your images quickly.
- Images will be removed permanently after 90 days.
Flickr is one of the most popular image sharing sites on the web, and even though it’s gone through changes since being purchased by Yahoo, it’s still very popular with photographers.
In addition to offering free image hosting, it also provides you with some cool editing features and also helps you manage your images to turn them into albums.
Flickr is also a social networking platform as it allows you to share your photos with the Flickr community. You will find different groups on different topics. You can also favorite each other’s pictures and comment on them too.
If you care about your privacy more then you can change your privacy setting, so your photos will only be shared with certain people. With Flickr, you can easily upload pictures with your phone, email, or other photo applications.
Flickr also offers an uploader tool, Photos Online lets you back up photos from your computer, Dropbox, iPhoto, or other locations.
- It provides you with excellent editing tools and helps you organize your photos by putting them into albums.
- Photos can be shared on different social media sites as well as with the Flickr community.
- Flickr now lets you upload only 1k images before it used to provide with 1 Tb storage.
- Change your privacy setting so only specific individuals you choose will see your photos.
SmugMug is similar to Flickr in that it gives photographers a place to showcase their work. Although it isn’t as focused on the social media aspect of photo sharing as Flickr is, users can share their photos and view other work.
You will create a customizable photo site when you create an account on SmugMug. You are provided with plenty of designs from Photos Online you can choose from.
The site also has an editing tool Photos Online already built-in, and you can also make changes to design templates if you want.
It does not give the relief of creating a free account. Instead, it provides platforms to photographers to showcase their work in a better way.
The cost of their plans ranges from $40 per year to $300 per year. More expensive plans offer more storage, more customization options, and other features.
You can also set up an eCommerce shop with SmugMug to sell prints or photos. You can use SmugMug within your domain name, too.
- You can collect sure photos you upload on-site in your gallery.
- When you’re viewing a gallery, you can hit the keys to open the Lightbox and change the image size that you’re seeing.
- It can toggle the display of filenames under your thumbnails.
- You can customize any number of our site designs and swap between them whenever you wish.
- With SmugMug, you can customize your website as a whole.
Use is also an image hosting site that possesses the bulk upload option, through Photos Online you can easily upload about 100 images at a time. So you do not have to spend a lot of time to upload photos.
Photos Online bulk upload feature come in handy when you are short of time or have a busy schedule, have your phone’s internal storage is filling up because you have got hundreds of photos and you need to upload them instantly.
The nice about using Use is that it does not require to create an account on it, you can upload pictures and make photos wither public or private according to what you like.
Use also feature a fresh photo editor and a resizer as well, Photos Online will help you to edit your pictures and make them look aesthetic and change their size if they are more abundant. You can also manage your photos into albums too.
You can right-click on your photos to copy the URL of the image as Photos Online site does not provide a direct link to each image. It can also make use of the social sharing button provided on the site to share your photos with social media platforms.
You can upload photos of all types of formats as use Use supports almost all of them.
- Use accepts BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIF files.
- Use features a photo editor, and you can resize your photos by it.
- It features a bulk upload option Photos Online helps you upload 100 photos at a time.
- You can upload photos without making an account and share that on other social media sites too with the image URL provided.
500px is another image hosting site with social networking features. Both professional and amateur photographers can share photos and work. You can follow your favorite people and also comment on each other work to appreciate it or tell them that you are a fan.
The basic idea of Photos Online site is to showcase the work of photographers, but it also lets anyone upload their photos. You can create your profile or account, and photographers can sell the usage of their photos through the site.
The unfortunate thing about Photos Online site would be that the images on other websites can not be directly liked to it. 500px might not be the best site to upload your photos and share it on other social media sites.
It helps photographers connect and learn through each other work. Twenty images can be uploaded per week on the free membership.
If you purchase the annual membership for $25, you can upload unlimited photos, access online photography classes, and view statistics about your photos.
The Pro membership also offers a listing in the site’s directory and a Pro Profile. The Pro+ group provides you with a customizable website and an online store.
- 500px is a showcase site basically for photographers, either amateurs or professionals.
- You can purchase an annual membership, but it also allows you to upload 20 images every week.
- It doe not provide a direct link to share images on other websites.
You do not need to create an account to upload photos on PostImage. Images with size up to 8 MB can be uploaded by either using the website or making use of the desktop software.
You can upload the image by making use of the URL provided by the site for each photo. JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PDF, and PSD files are supported by the website.
With PostImage, you get to create your gallery, and you will also be provided with a link for it to share with your friends. You can also share photos with others by the direct link provided for individual files.
If you are going to share an image for only one time, then you can decide its expiring time, Photos Online could be either a day, a week, or even a month. If you do not want them to expire, then they will be on the site permanently. It also lets you resize your photos.
PostImage is famous for sharing images on forums and message boards. The site has an image upload mod that forum visitors can use to share pictures quickly.
- It supports JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PDF, and PSD formats of files.
- PostImage lets you create your galleries Photos Online can be shared with friends with the link provided.
- This one also provides a direct link for each image.
- It also lets you set an expiring time for your photos, or you can make them stay on the site forever.
Free Image Hosting.net
Free Image Hosting is a site very similar to Imgur. This one does not need to create an account to upload pictures on the site. It can upload images on the website, and they will stay there for as long as you want them to.
You can easily share your photos by the URL provided by the site to a link to your photos. The site supports JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP files up to 3 MB. 3,000 KB is the maximum size file that can be uploaded on the site.
Free Image Hosting is an instant and simple way to upload your photos. Photos Online site does not feature the hyperlink shortener offered by Imgur, but it allows you to share your images on other websites and platforms as well.
Free Image Hosting is a great option that you can consider when you want to quickly upload photos and share it on other sites, though the homepage of Photos Online site features a lot of big ads.
- The site supports JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP.
- You can upload up to 3 MB file to Photos Online site.
- Free Image Hosting is not ad-free and has large ads on the homepage.
- It does not feature the hyperlink shortener though you can still share photos on another site with the HTML code to the link of an image provided.
Image Shack has an excellent interface that showcases its best photos in a layout similar to Pinterest’s. An account can be created to upload photos, but free accounts provide more helpful features.
You can let people see your work; tags can be added for the ease of searching your photos later, plus albums can also be created to manage your photos.
If you do not want other people of the Image Shack community to see your work, you can keep them private and share with some specific people you want to share with.
The site offers a 30-day free trial of the premium version, Photos Online offers unlimited space, direct linking, watermarking, and image stats. You can get 10 GB per month of absolutely free storage on a free account.
Multiple mobiles and web applications Photos Online are provided by Image Shack that makes the process of uploading and sharing your photos with other people a lot more simple and more accessible.
The Shack It app provides an image uploader button for your web browser, so you can quickly upload photos to your account. You can also do some editing, cropping, or resizing of your pictures with the Image Shack Resize app.
- You can create an account on Image Shack or use the free account as well.
- You can share your photos or work with the Image Shack community or keep them private if you like.
- Image Shack provides you with 10 GB of free storage every month.
- It gives you more apps to making upload and sharing easy.
Image Venue supports JPEG file format and alters the size of the image itself but retains the quality of the photos you are uploading. Files up to 3 MB size can be uploaded. Image Venue provides 3 GB per month of free storage.
Image Venue is said to be ideal for people who need to upload and sort a large number of images to share with other people. It’s a popular platform for bloggers, forum or message board users, and eBay sellers.
- Image Venue changes the size of your files, Photos Online is significant but does not compromise on the quality of the images.
- It supports the JPEG format of files.
- You can upload up to 3 MB of a file.
- Image Venue offers 3 GB every month for free storage.
- You can share your photos on other platforms too.
What’s the best way to back up photos?
One of the most effective ways to back up photos on smartphones is to use one of the many popular cloud services like Apple iCloud, Google Photos, Amazon’s Prime Photos, and Dropbox.
One of the reasons you use them is that they all share one important feature: automatic backup.
How can I save my photos forever?
- Back up your hard drive. Make sure your photos aren’t stored in one place (for example, your desktop/laptop computer).
- Burn your photos to CDs / DVDs.
- Use online storage.
- Print your photos and put them in a photo album. …
- Save your prints too!
What is the most secure way to save digital photos?
Putting away information with a cloud stage is the most secure approach to store digital photos.
When you store data on a cloud platform, it’s like storing photos on your social media.
Your photos will be instantly saved on the cloud platform. Cloud storage is perfect for long haul information storage.
Where do you save thousands of photos?
Numerous enormous organizations offer photos stockpiling administrations, including Amazon, Google, Microsoft (OneDrive), and Apple (iCloud).
However, it can be expensive if you need too much storage, and your photos may not be as accessible as they are on a local hard drive.
Is it better to store photos on a CD or glimmer drive?
A flash drive is very portable. Any flash drive offers more capacity than a CD, and a larger drive is also available. By and by, I no longer use CD-R for anything. But I still use DVD-R for some things (but not including saving photos).